Chapter Twelve

Alek POV:

I sat on my bed looking at old pictures of me and Danny. Even though a few months ago I thought I would never look at these pictures again here I am looking at smiling at my mom as he held onto me with a big goofy smile while I covered my jacked up teeth. If I was correct it was the day I was supposed to get braces.

‘It’s going to be ok. I’ll be here waiting for you with your mom.’ He said as we stood behind a tree. He was smiling down at me and giving me this look like I was the best thing ever. It was the look he gave all the time and I would usually look away and tell him to stop looking at me like that. I usually took advantage of those looks and I miss them terribly.

I sighed and laid down. But don’t forget that I still love you and I’ll be there for you if you ever need me. I could still hear Danny’s voice in my head and I felt my cheek heat up. When he looked at me when he said that he looked serious.

My phone started to go off, “Hello?”

“Hey.” Kyle said and I was for a second wondering why he was calling until I just remembered.

“I-I’m so-”

“It’s fine Alek.” Kyle interrupted me. “It actually worked out. I went to talk to Danny Boy and we had this deep conversation about you.” I stayed silent, “I don’t know if you ever noticed but I am a very jealous boyfriend and now that Danny Boy is thinking about coming between us I just had to clear things up.”

“Alek? Are you dating me or Danny Boy?” the way he said that sounded very deadly.

“Y-You!” I almost shouted. I didn’t want to break up with Kyle because he helped me when no one else was there for me. When Danny dumped me and then treated me like shit. “I’m dating you Kyle!” I said when he didn’t say anything.

“Are you sure because if you don’t want to be with me all you have to do is just tell me. I won’t be upset I’ll understand.” He said and I began to freak.

“A-Are you breaking up with me?” did I do something wrong?

“This isn’t about me Alek this is about you. Who do you want to be with?” he asked and I felt sick.

“Y-You.”

“Are you sure?” he asked.

“Yes! Yes!! I want to date you Kyle not Danny! We were just talking. He’s just a friend.” I shouted in the phone.

“When were you just talking.” Shit.

“H-He asked me out.”

“When?”

“When you called and asked for us to see each other.” I asked getting nervous because Kyle was never this quiet.

“When were you planning on telling me?” I was silent because I wasn’t planning on telling him. everything was supposed to go back to normal me and Kyle dating and Danny and I just being friends again. “Wow Alek. That’s really low.” He said and I couldn’t say anything because it was low.

“I-I’m sorry.” I said. It was all I could say.

“For what?”

“F-For everything.” Not really knowing why I was apologizing. Maybe for not telling him and also for meeting up with Danny in the first place. If I didn’t meet up with him than none of this would have happened. “C-Can I come over still?” I asked not knowing what else to say because Kyle wasn’t talking and I didn’t want him to be upset with me.