Chapter Eleven

Danny’s POV:

I couldn’t help but feel guilty when I left Alek at the Diner. I never paid attention to all the small things like how long sleeves started to dominate his wardrobe or anything. I was only worrying about myself and being selfish because I couldn’t let him go. It hurt even more because he doubted me still. I mean I can’t blame him because of what I did to him but I meant it when I told him I loved him. I am still in love with him. I should have just told him the whole truth that my father didn’t want us to be together at the beginning not beat him and made him hope for death.

I stopped cold in my tracks. What if Alek really did kill himself? I felt suddenly numb like I was about to go in shock. Just the thought of not seeing those beautiful dark cloudy blue eyes staring at me anymore made me want to break down. But I took deep breaths. He was still alive, I just saw him, I thought trying to calm myself down.

I began to walk towards my personal hell. I stood in front of my house noticing that my father was home. I took a deep breath and walked up the brick stairs opening the door, “Danny.” I heard my father’s deep voice call for me in the kitchen. I suddenly felt numb. Did he see us?

“Ya?” I asked trying to keep my cool. My dad was a big guy. Not fat but muscle. I looked nothing like him more like my mother who was fixing my father his coffee. While me and my mother both had blonde hair and blue eyes my dad had dark brown hair with cold stone like green eyes. His face was in the newspaper which I took for a good sign.

My mom looked at me giving me a soft smile, “How are you doing dear?” she asked coming towards me pushing my hair out of my face before she kissed my forehead. I looked down at my fragile mother. She’s your topical house wife who always wanted to have the perfect family. She always tried to make things seem like they were perfect when they weren’t. Even now as she’s showing me love I knew she thinking about when I came out. How things weren’t all that perfect.

I think she would rather have me as a druggie and failing all my classes then be who I used to be. “Good.” I said as she looked at me for another second before she nodded and went back to my father like the faithful wife she was.

“I looked at your grades today.” My father said as I stood there waiting for something. Anything.

“Your choice in your friends are terrible too.” He added looking up at me with those cold eyes keeping me standing still. “I do not know what has happened. I hoped when we got that pest out of your life that things will turn out for the best but I see that I was wrong.” I felt my body tense up when he called Alek, my Alek, a pest. He wasn’t anything but a God sent angel.

“So what am I going to be grounded or something?” I asked trying to keep calm. Unlike my mother my father kept staring at me until I had to look away.

“No.” he said and then looked back at his paper. I frowned and looked at my mother but she was washing dishes, “You can go in your room.” With that I took my leave confused but finally relaxed.

As I was about to walk up the stairs towards my room the doorbell rang. I sighed and turned around getting the door. I frowned when I saw a black girl standing in a tank top with short booty shorts. She grinned at me showing me white teeth, “You Danny Boy?” she asked off the bat and I felt myself go tense.

“Danny Boy!” Kyle came behind the black girl who was smirking at me. I looked her up and down and I had to way she had that coke bottle body and with her long layered hair coming over her shoulder. She noticed me staring and when I looked back up she sent me a wink.

“Chris, Danny Boy.” Kyle introduced us. Chris held out her hand which I took.

“Nice to meet ya. Heard a lot about you,” she said which I had a feeling that it was nothing good. I tried to pull my hand away but she held on, “Aren’t you going to invite us in?” she asked.