Chapter Forty-Five

Chapter Forty-Five

[Louis's POV]

After Selena stormed off, I sat on the couch and stared out at the snow falling down from outside. My mind is spinning around like crazy about everything that's going on right now.

I have Justin going at my throat every time I turn around and giving me threats about killing me. Which I can't really blame him after what I'm about to do. I'm lucky he hasn't found out what I've been doing behind his back yet because if he would happen to find out before I'm able to put Liam's plan into action, I'd be dead. And I hope Liam's plan works because if it doesn't and Justin gets away, Liam and I are both dead.

My head picks up when I hear fast footsteps coming down the staircase. Then I hear soft sobs. Immediately, I make my way over to the staircase to see tears streaming down Selena's cheeks. Her eyes are puffy and red along with her cheeks being a rosy color.

What the hell happened?

"Selena, what happened?" I ask, cautiously taking a step towards her.

"Me falling in love with Justin. That's what happened." Selena replies and you could easily hear the brokenness in her voice.

"That's what you get for falling in love with a criminal." I say.

Selena glares at me before she runs off to another part of the house. I was tempted to follow her and keep her company in an attempt to make her stop crying, but something inside of me was telling me that I should back off and just leave her alone.

I'm positive though if Justin would come downstairs and see me with Selena he would lose his shit. And he's the last person I want to deal with right now.

I look down at my front pocket when I feel my phone vibrating. Having already a good feeling at who was calling me, I reach into my pocket and pull out my phone.

Sure enough, it's Liam.

"What now?" I say, making my way back into the living room to make sure Selena won't be able to hear my conversation.

"I need you to come back to the warehouse with me," Liam says. "My car is parked a few houses down from where you are right now."

I furrow my eyebrows together and try to process everything. "What, wait? You're here? If Justin sees your car-"

"He won't." he replies. "Come out to my car in the next five minutes or the plan is off. And whoever I have back at my warehouse, consider them dead."

My eyes widen. Them?

Who's them?

Before I can even begin to ask any questions the line goes dead.

Running a hand through my hair, I groan in annoyance. I roll my eyes as I walk over and put on my jacket. Checking over to make sure Selena nor anybody else is around, I open the front door and head outside.

*****

"Are you going to explain why you forced me to come here with you or am I going to have to guess?" I ask, stripping out of my jacket once I've entered Liam's warehouse.

"Follow me," Liam says with a roll of his eyes.

We both throw our jackets over the back of a chair before I do as Liam says and follows behind him. He leads us both throughout the warehouse until he brings me to the basement door. I raise an eyebrow at him, but he keeps his gaze forward.

Why do I have a bad feeling about whatever he's about to show me?

I take a deep breath and slowly climb down the staircase behind Liam. We reach the bottom step and I can see that a light is turned on. Then I hear movement and the sound of as if someone is crying. I quickly walk around the corner and into the next section of the basement and my eyes widen.