Chapter Forty-Six

Chapter Forty-Six

[Selena's POV]

After my tears have finally stopped and dried up, I decide to make my way back upstairs. I wasn't going back to Justin's room. He's the last person I want to be around right now. Instead, I pass right by his bedroom door and continue down the hallway until I come to the spare bedroom door where Alfredo has been sleeping these last couple of days.

I knock softly on the door just as Justin's bedroom door opens. He walks out of the room and our eyes meet. I keep eye contact with him for a split second before I look away.

"Alfredo, can I come in?" I call out, knocking on the door again.

"Selena," I turn my head and see that Justin is standing next to me now. "Can we talk?"

"There's nothing to talk about, Jason." I snap.

Justin's eyes almost pop out their sockets when I call him by his real name. I watch as his hands tighten into fists at his sides. He takes a step closer to me where he is now towering over me. I slowly meet his eyes and they're a darker shade then their usual hazel color. They're almost black from the anger that has suddenly risen inside of him.

"Don't call me that again." Justin growls.

"Then don't give me a reason to." I reply.

Justin looks away from me as his jaw clenches. He slowly makes eye contact with me again and it's like I'm looking at a totally different person.

"If everything I've said are just dark lies," he says, taking another step closer to me and places his hand on the small of my back.  "Then just know that when I've said I love you,"There's no space in between us and his face is so close to mine that I can smell his minty breath. "It wasn't a lie. I meant it, every time."

"Did you really? Or are you just saying this because you're afraid I'll leave your murderess ass then turn you into the police." I say, pushing Justin away from me.

"Then go ahead. Leave me and turn me in." Justin replies. "I'd rather spend the rest of my life in jail then have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for not being able to give you what you deserve. Sorry that I'm not good enough, Selena."

Justin's words hit me like a ton of bricks. I feel my heart shatter inside and I immediately regret everything that I had said. But before I'm able to apologize, the spare bedroom door opens and Alfredo stands in the door frame.

"What's with all the arguing?" Alfredo asks.

"It doesn't matter because we're done." Justin says.

My eyes widen. "What?"

"Let me know when you figure out a plan to kill Liam's ass." Justin ignores me, breaking eye contact with me and looks at Alfredo. "The sooner we kill him the sooner I can get Selena somewhere safe and I won't have to worry about her anymore."

"Justin, wait." I say.

But he ignores me again. I watch as he turns on his heels and walks away.

"Did I miss something?" Alfredo asks, clearly confused as to what is going on.

"I think I just lost Justin." I reply, tears building up in the corner of my eyes.

******

I pick up one of the random and many opened notebooks that lie on the desk. I scan over the page that the notebook is opened to. All of the writing on it as been scribbled out.

"Those were some of the ideas that I had come up with." Alfredo says.

"Why did you scribble them out for?" I ask, trying to read what has been scribbled out.