5 hours remaining

New character!... Again!

Kate's point of view~

I placed another sour gummy bear on to my tongue letting the sour sugar melt in to my taste buds. Raspberry.

I chewed the treat slightly before swallowing it and placing another sour bear on my tongue. Orange.

I slip my hand down in to the pocket of my hoodie pulling out my phone to check the time, 9:03AM.

27 more minutes I can do this.

I've waited 12 hours, 2682 days, but I cannot wait 27 minutes. This will drive me insane before I finish this pack of sour gummy worms!

I let out a sigh of defeat and places myself on the nearest lounge in the airport. I had already been waiting for 12 hours in this airport because I was, extremely early for my flight.

But you can't tell a girl who has been waiting 7 years to meet her best friends to wait until the day to arrive at the airport. That just wasn't Kate logic.

So I arrived 12 hours prior to my flight making sure I was early and ready for my departure.

But the problem was I would have been ready for my flight if I had just arrived now, which meant waiting for 12 hours to pass, was more difficult than 2682 days.

I spent most of my time on my phone replying to messages my friends had left me for my trip and also adding to the kawaii potatoes chat before Michaela left for her flight.

I was just so excited. After finally waiting for 2682 days to pass, I'm about to fly to LAX and meet my best friends, and did I mention, live with them?

Yes I was hours away from living with my best friends in a different state. Oh my miku!

[A/N - I got this reference from a 5sos fanfiction called Otaku which is written by tofuwaffles and you should totally check it outtttt]

Oh my mavis! Oh my miku! Oh my holy anime references!

I look down at my phone again and see that only two minutes had past since the last time I checked the time.

Waiting for minutes to go by now seemed like an impossible task.

I leaned back on my chair letting out a huge yawn, not surprising since I've only had a 2 hour nap since I got here.

It was probably one of the weirdest things I had done in front of my parents, asking them to drop me off at the airport, at night, 12 hours prior to my departure, when we had just finished dinner. Not embarassing, more like... I'm sorry I didn't end up successful and rich and for being a complete otaku who is going to go live with internet friends that might be pedophiles.

Flashback 3 months before

"Kate are you sure about this? You're moving to a different state to live with some "internet friends" whom you've never met before?"

I took one earphone out and rolled my eyes towards my mother. She had her hands firmly placed on her hips as she looked at me from across the counter.
Her eyes were sternly fixated on me and I knew that a chance of a short conversation had been lost. Feeling unfulfilled, I locked my phone seeing my love live combo score fade in to black. [A/N - love live is an anime which was turned in to a very successful app]

"Mum, I've told you so many times, I'll be fine. Like a wise person once said, there's no such thing as an internet friend, just a friend I haven't met yet." I replied.

"And who may this wise person be?" She questioned.

"Pororo the little penguin..." I muttered under my breath.