16 hours remaining [part 2]

Maisy's point of view

-

Ugh finally, the passenger is finally boarding. Our plane was cleared for take off half an hour ago but an unexpected passenger needed to board the plane so I've been sitting here bored out of my mind for ages.

Not that it would help anyway, even if we were flying I still would be bored.

Most of the passengers had gone back to sleep from having an emergency stop here in Sydney. I however was wide awake thanks to an old lady behind me snoring like no tomorrow.

It was the most unflattering noise I had ever heard.

Speaking of noises, the airplane door latch had clicked meaning whoever this passenger was getting on the plane.

The door opened and a girl walked through.

"See ya later Cyn-ful child"

And then she closed the door behind her. She made a small giggle letting her brown hair cover her eyes as she leaned against the door.

Her backpack caught my attention, it seemed familiar. It was black and had a galaxy detailing at the front but her hair was covering most of it so I couldn't really tell.

An air hostess instructed her to find a spare seat for the remainder of her journey.

Oh.

We'll technically I didn't have a spare seat because my back pack and well random stuff had taken that space.

I just looked out the window hoping she wouldnt come by. It's not that I didn't have anything against her, I would just prefer to not have my belongings shoved in a compartment because I would much rather having then next to me right by me si-

"Uhmm, do you mind if I sat here"

Is the most cliche thing or what?

"Sure"

I grabbed my jacket and layed it over me acting as some sort of blanket even thought it was already really warm, I couldn't be bothered putting it away.

I then grabbed my black backpack with a galaxy fairy tail symbol and-

"Oh my god!" I suddenly exclaimed.
I spun my head around to meet with dark brown eyes watching them widen as mine did the same.

"Maisy?!?"

"Cynthia!!"

"OH MY GOD!" / "WHAT THE F-" we both yelled.

"Is there a problem here girls"

Our smiles soon faded when an angry looking woman shot a death stare our way.

"N-no everything's okay."

We turned back at eachother, bursting in to a muffled laughing fit as the grumpy lady walked away.

I jumped out of my seat givin her a long hug, I hadn't hugged Cynthia for ages, last time was a couple of years ago.

Don't get me wrong, I haven't met any of my best friends other than Cynthia because we lived so close [1000km if that's close].

Maybe 6 years ago...

*flashback*

"Where are you?!"

I typed furiously in to my phone. I can't believe this is happening, I was about to meet one of my best friends any second now!

Every part of me was screaming and I was jumping around, which wasn't the smartest idea being in a shopping centre I knew nothing about.