2682 days remaining {part 1}

2682 days remaining:

* Maisy's pov

7 years ago...

The clock was ticking closer to midnight, but this wasn't a fairy tail.

It was your average teenage girl situation.

I was lying in bed with my head rested on top of my pillow and my fingers furiously texting away the night.

I was, of course, texting the "kawaii potatoes" squad, my number one squad to text, because at that time, it was the only thing we could do.

*flashback a week*

Scroll like scroll, scroll like scroll.

It was the infamous routine of any girl who had Instagram or social media in general.

I was exploring the feed of my newly made fairy tail role play account which I had but created.

I had chosen to role play levy from my favourite anime, fairy tail.

This was something I usually did.

I made a themed account with the intent of becoming popular and having followers with a "k" at the end of the number.

That was my kind of fantasy.

But this account was something new, it was anime.

Yeah yeah, laugh if you want but as much as I try to hide my true passion, somehow I need to express it. So this account was sort of my way how.

I attended a complicated societal school which wasn't really a fan of anime.

It was one of those schools that said they accepted everything, but you knew if you told them something that wasn't part of the status quo, they would smile at you only to laugh when you turned your back.

So in summary, no one knew about my obsession with anime.

Not even my best friend.

Some best friend bond huh.

Having this account just for anime was perfect for me, I could relate and obsess about anime as much as I wanted and the great thing was, no body would know.

Not a single friend, acquaintance, student would know it was me.

So that's who I was, a pathetic person who only wanted to fit in.

Anyways back to the actual story.

I was scrolling when I happened to read @natsu's caption saying "good morning everyone!!"

"hahah, yeah in 10 minutes it would be" I thought to myself.

It was almost a lucky break, a twist of fate that I happened to be reading his comment.

"It's midnight here" - @jellal

I stared at it for awhile, unknown to the events that were about to unfold.

Looking up at my time showing 11:56pm, my mind had a crazy idea she lived in melbourne too.

So I commented back:

"me too! do you love in Australia? @jellal"

"yeah @levy"

yeah???? Just a yeah?

How was I supposed to continue a conversation from a yeah? It might as we'll be a "K".

So I went to another form of texting, direct message;

"dm me ((: @jellal"

But my comment was lying, sort of.

Instead I dm'd them because I was impatient and thrilled at the though of having my first ever internet friend!

Did internet friends even exist?

How do internet friends work?

And like most friendships, this one started with a "hey".

A full 24 hours after that, I met @wendy and @lucy and we made group chat with me (@levy) and @jellal.

It was then I learnt the names of my future 3 best friends, jazzy aka @lucy, michaela aka @wendy and that @jellal was actually a girl named Cynthia.

Later on down the internet track I met Kate aka @mavis and Natalie aka @zeref + @virgo.

We'd chat for hours on end.

I could speak openly about anime because these people had the same interest as me, we even role play characters from the same anime.

It was the best group chat I had ever been apart of.

This was the start of the "kawaii potatoes squad"

The "kawaii potatoes squad" grew bigger each day but the original squad always had a special place in my heart and we all understood eachother more.

It was an unbreakable bond over wifi.

*flashback/lesson (lol) end*

*back to 7years ago...*

It was me, Cynthia and Natalie texting in the group chat.

Group Chat :

Natalie: Guys idk I think I'm depressed...

Cynthia: What? How come?

Natalie: It's my parents, my sister.... everything ):

Cynthia: Hey look the squads here for you whenever you new to talk.

Natalie: Yeah, ik thanks a lot guys. I just feel like talking to my friends.

Cynthia: You're not the only one nat, my mums are pretty abusive, my dad passed away recently and my sister... Let's just say that she ain't a bae.

Maisy: I'm so sorry Cynthia ):

Cynthia: Dw about it

Maisy; I had a rough childhood too, my parents got divorced and they kept fighting and hittin eachother and then I couldnt see my dad for two years - because of that my family problems are far from over because both my parents don't rlly want me so I'm stuck going from devil to devil.

Cynthia: Life's hard aye

Natalie: I just wish we could run away from it all...

Cynthia : Yeah me too

Maisy: Same here :/

Cynthia: wait why don't we??

Natalie: What do you mean? XD

Cynthia: Let's run away, all of us.

***

Sorry if any if this is confusing!
So the names after "@" are our role play names meaning we pretend we are that character hence the name playing the role - role play this also includes the people after aka.

In the group chat- those the names of the actual people in this story hahah.

We'll part one of the back story is up yayyy

Tell me what you think with a follow, message, like, commet.

And follow my fairytail role play account!! @/sincerelylevy

Love D