Chapter eleven- I'll kill him

Start from the beginning

His neutral expression turned into a wide grin. If I could go back in time and punch myself in the face, I would. 

   "N-NO! I was going to say I was wondering where you were!"

   "Whatever you say."

He let out a happy sigh, then turned back to his work. Izaya will be lucky if today is the day he doesn't die.

   "By the way, you might want to call Celty and that monster. They were worried I guess."

That's right! I forgot about everyone else. Running back into my room, I grabbed my phone.

'27 missed calls, 37 unread messages'

Who called me twenty seven times!? Going to my missed calls, I scanned the results. 

'Satan, Satan, Satan, Satan, Satan, Satan, Satan, Satan, Satan, Shizuo, Satan, Satan, Shizuo, Shizuo, Masaomi, Anri, Masaomi, Masaomi, Mikado, Anri, Mikado, Shinra, Shinra, Shinra, Masaomi, Shizuo, Namie.'

Well. Look who actually seemed worried. I walked back into the living room, and smiled. 

   "Hey, Satan!"

   "Its God, not Satan. What is it?"

   "Lets see how many missed calls I have from Satan, shall we?"

His eyes slightly widened, but barely enough to tell there was any change. 

   "One, two, three...all the way up to eleven!"

   "I only wanted to know your whereabouts so I could-"

   "So you could what?"

   "So I could...make sure that monster hadn't killed you."

   "Either way, it still shows you were worried about me."

You could tell he held regret towards what he said, but he didn't show it. Going to my missed messages, my smile grew even bigger.

   "From Satan! Mallori, where are you!? Call me back!"

He turned back around to face me, a glare plastered on his face. 

   "From Satan! Mallori I need you to call me back! From Satan! Oh, and this one's the best so far! Please call me back! I want to know you're safe!"

Looking up at him, I could've swore I seen his cheeks a tinted pink. 

   "Should I keep going?"

He didn't say anything, just turned back to his computer. There were only a few more from him. The rest were mostly from Celty and Masaomi. An hour had passed, and I hadn't stopped eating. I couldn't! The food in my mouth was like paradise. Even though I would never admit it, I felt kind of bad for earlier. I mean, as much as I hate him, I can't believe he even showed me any emotion. Getting up off the couch, I walked over to his chair, and cleared my throat. 

   "I-Izaya."

He turned around, a smug look on his face. 

   "T-Thank you. Ya know, for helping me last night."

He smirked, and I can't believe I'm about to do this. Leaning down, I wrapped my arms around him. His arm wrapped around me, and my heart started racing. Why am I nervous all of a sudden? 

   "Well, isn't this a surprise!"

   "S-Shut up!"

I moved away from him, and turned my head. 

   "I-I'm going out!"

Walking over to grab my sweatshirt, I threw it over my head, and left. 

~~~

As I walked, a mop of blonde hair flashed by me. Running through the crowds of people, I tugged at his arm. When he turned around, his mouth slightly dropped, causing the cigarette to fall. 

   "M-Mallori?"

   "Yea. Sorry for not calling you."

   "Don't worry about it...How did you get home!? When!?"

   "Well...Izaya. He found me, and brought me home last night."

He didn't say anything, just slightly nodded. I knew he didn't want to believe that the devil himself saved me. Neither did I. We kind of walked in silence for a while. 

   "You should probably let everyone else know you're back."

   "Yea. I'm just happy to be home."