Under the Mistletoe

(About a week has past since the previous chapter and Asuna's rib has gone back to normal, so she can move more, plus her arm isn't bothering her as much anymore.)

Asuna's P,O.V.

Asuna pulled the next box into her lap. It was a large one that weighed a lot. She was excited about this one. She waited for her turn as Sugu opened a long package that was from her boyfriend, Shinichi. (Recon) It had a kendo sword in it with an engraving on the handle. She seemed really pleased with it and was currently examining it with a look of pure joy on her face. 

Kazuto picked up a familiar package and started ripping up the paper. He took the lid off of the box, which was only about as big as his hand, and pulled out a black pair of gloves. They were limited edition black leather biker gloves. He held them up and looked at them. He seemed excited about them. He put them on and flexed his hands. 

"Who got me these? You read my mind!", he said, still looking at the gloves. 

"I did.", Asuna said. 

Kazuto looked at her and then winked. 

"Meet me under the mistletoe, later.", he said, then gave her the sly smile.Everybody erupted in laughter. Asuna laughed as well and then looked down, a little embarrassed. By now, everybody knew about their engagement. Even Asuna's mom, who had ceased contact with Asuna. 

Asuna was still in the process of moving into her apartment, which she had gotten for a better price than what was listed. She had extra money in her budget to get some more home necessities. She was excited, but a little nervous. There were only a couple months left until the wedding and they had to plan that as well. Her father said not to worry about the budget and that he would pay for everything, so that was good. She didn't want an extremely big wedding, but the one that had been in her dream was perfect.

Midori was just tearing into her gift from Sugu. She opened the little gift bag and pulled out a Brighton necklace. It had a heart pendant with the shape of a mother holding a baby in it. Asuna thought it was adorable and more importantly, so did Midori. She put it on immediately. 

Next was Kazuto's father. He picked up his largest present, also his first, since he had arrived late, and red the tag. He looked at his wife and smiled. She smiled back and then nodded. He picked apart the wrapping paper and then pulled out a cardboard box. It was taped shut. 

"A BOX! YES! I have always wanted one of these things!", he said jokingly. 

(Ah yes, those dad jokes that we all adore.)

Everybody laughed, and then he took out a pocket knife to open the tape. The tape was off and the box was open. He pulled out a brown leather jacket. He looked like he was on top of the world, so it was obviously something he had asked for a lot. 

"Thank you, Midori! I love you!", he said, then leaned down to kiss her. 

Now, it was Shinichi's turn to open a gift. He had brought some of his from home so that he didn't have to have less than everybody else. Asuna thought it was kind of funny, but nobody said anything about it other than that it would keep him from having to just watch everybody else after he had run out of gifts from them. 

He opened a box that contained a green and red sweater with the characters of his name on it. He smiled and put it on. Sugu was wearing a matching one, so Asuna guessed that it was from her. He looked at her and smiled. Sugu smiled back. 

Now it was Asuna's turn to open a present. She had already received a scarf from Midori, a locket from Sugu, and a good pair of earbuds from Shinichi. She carefully plucked the wrapping paper apart and exposed a huge box with tape all around it.