Promise Me

Asuna's P.O.V.

I was gently shaken awake after my long nap. I opened my eyes to see Kazuto, who was smiling sweetly at me, standing beside the bed. I smiled back and sat up in the dark room. Kazuto had a plate in his hands. It had a grilled cheese on it. I sat up and he handed me the plate, then sat down next to me on the bed.

"So did you have a nice nap?", Kazuto asked.

"Yup. I just had a weird dream. It wasn't a nightmare or anything, but it was weird. We were fishing and you kept falling into the water. It was shallow, and you were fine, but I kept having to drag you out.", I said, recalling the strange dreams that I had during my nap.

"Ok... Well I had a good nap, too, so.", he said kind of awkwardly.

I laughed and then picked up my grilled cheese and took a bite. It was still warm and the cheese was gooey. I always like Kazuto's cooking, even though most of it was pretty simple. I enjoyed eating somebody else's cooking every once in awhile. Kazuto reached for the light and turned it on. I could see the whole room, now. We kept it fairly clean, a few papers of small things here and there, but most of it was pretty tidy. 

"Tomorrow, how about we start setting up the nursery?", I asked. 

"Sure. It shouldn't be that hard to build a crib.", Kazuto said.

"You're still gonna use the directions.", I said.

"Yeah, I figured you were gonna say that.", he said.

I laughed, then took another bite of my sandwich. I glanced at the clock on the bedside table and found that it was almost 7:00. It had only been 3:00 when I laid down. I thought I was getting addicted to sleep. It felt like all I did lately. 

"What colors do you wanna make the nursery?", Kazuto asked. 

"I'm thinking red and blue. That works if they're boys or girls. Or both.", I said.

"Yeah, I like that.", he said.

A thought struck me suddenly.

"What am I gonna do about college? It's already halfway through the summer, and I'm still gonna be pregnant when school starts. Do I just go to school the same as I would, or do I need to apply for the online class for the first semester? Even during the second semester, they'll be too young to be left with a babysitter.", I said.

"I like the online option, then next year, you can come back to school and actually be there, since they'll be old enough.", Kazuto said.

"Well I'm not going to school next year. I'll have finished my degree.", I said.

"Oh, well then even better.", he said.

"Yeah. Besides, the online class is cheaper, since I don't have to pay for the actual class. Plus, it saves a lot of gas money. I can just get the books and take the tests online.", I said.

"Great. That works just fine, then.", Kazuto smiled.

I smiled back at him, then continued eating my grilled cheese. I was almost finished with it. I had taken off the crust and it was piled on the corner of the plate. I'd never liked it much. Kazuto reached over and took a piece of my crust, then took a bite of it. He was the only person that I knew who liked the crust.

"I think that after supper, I'm gonna go watch a movie.", I said. 

"Ok. I'll come with you. We never got to watch the third movie of the Harry Potter series, so let's watch that.", he suggested. 

"Yeah.", I said.

I ate the last bite of my sandwich, then got up off the bed. Kazuto followed me into the living room and then took my plate while I queued up the movie. Once I had the movie fixed up, I sat down on the couch and snuggled up next to Kazuto. He draped an arm around me and we started the movie. There were a bunch of funny parts where I could feel Kazuto shake with laughter, even though he was laughing quietly.