Chapter 24: Temper Temper

Stepping into my old house we were greeted by my very giddy cousin. "Baps it's so good for you to stop by!" She pulled me into a fierce hug. I giggled.

"I was here earlier Ang." She stepped back from me with a stressed look on her face.

"With you gone your brother's attention has been on me. Although not as intense, but jeez, it's annoying." She stated in a low voice. She looked over to Forrest, replacing her frown with her infectious smile again. "Hey Forrest."

"I thought I heard your voice." Pop said as he came out the family room. "What brings you here, at this time of night?" Although his eyes held no judgement, I couldn't help but feel like he could see right through me. All the men in my life seem to have that effect on me.

"I, uh, came to speak to aunt Gillian. I didn't want to come alone so I forced Forrest to take the drive with me." I snickered offering more details than was necessary.

"Gilli's in the kitchen." Pop nodded his head in the direction of the kitchen. "C'mon Forrest, let the women talk. Care for a drink?"

Forrest gave a swift nod. He looked to me. I knew my face had to have a scared expression, because Forrest gave my hand a reassuring squeeze before he walked off with my pop. I took a deep breath then made my way to the kitchen. I also took notice that neither of my brothers were around at the moment. Aunt Gillian smiled when she noticed me, showing off her dimple on her left cheek.

"Twice in one day? Are you trying to move back in?" She teased. I laughed halfheartedly. She gazed at me skeptically. "You okay Hun?"

"Yea, I, uh, actually needed to talk to you." She smiled and motioned for me to take a seat at the table. Before she sat down she poured me a glass of lemonade. Angie who was also in the kitchen took the seat at the end of the table. Her curiosity getting the best of her.

"You're the closest to being a motherly figure to me. Before we moved here I was surrounded by men." I snort. "They can only teach you and explain to you so many things, but I always longed for my mother." My eyes welled up.

"Oh hunny, what's wrong? You know you can tell me anythin'." She said grabbing my hand in hers.

I stare at her trying to get the words out of my mouth. "I'm pretty sure that, umm, that I'm pregnant." My tears fell down my cheeks. Aunt Gillian raised her hand to her mouth, covering the 'O' shape that it held. Angie's eyes were nearly popping out of her head.

"Oh. My. Lord!!!" Angie shouted causing aunt Gillian to jump.

"Ang, please keep it down." I hissed. "Pop doesn't know, and I don't even what to think about what Richie would do if he finds out." I say in a hushed tone.

"When did you find out?" Aunt Gillian asked. Her eyes were watering but she held a smile.

"I guess I knew for a while now. I was just kinda scared to admit it to myself. It's been almost three months since I had a period, and this last week I been sick. I catch a whiff of somethin' and I'm off to the bathroom." I sigh heavily.

"Admit to yourself? Or to certain loved ones?" She smirked. "It's okay to be scared and nervous. Lord knows I was. Having a baby with the person you love, should be one of the happiest moments in your life. Does Forrest know?" She whispered.

I nodded. "He hasn't said much about it, but he looks at me different now. It's not a scared look like he's gonna go running for the hills. It something else- something I don't quite understand."

"Nervous about telling your old man?" She asked with raised eyebrows. I gave her a tight smile and a swift nod of my head. "We can tell him together... If you'd like."