Chapter 13

I woke up and groaned as I sat up in the bed. My eyes flitted around the room, this wasn't my room. I looked around some more, posters on the wall, clothes on the floor, peeling paint. Wow. I still couldn't believe that the drunk man I beat up, was Alex's dad, that was weird.

"Hey, how are you?" Alex asked softly as he walked through the door.

"I'm fine," I replied, and hissed when I leaned back onto my wrist.

"Doesn't sound like it," He chuckles and sits down next to me.

"I really need to know, why would you keep him a secret from me?" My eyes barely looking at his.

"Same reason, you kept lying to me. Fear, low-self esteem." He smiles a sad smile.

"What happened?" I turn to face him.

"He was an man who thought his dreams were more important than his family. He leaves for 7 years and comes back when I'm 12. He's completely different, he says that things went wrong, that he lost all his money. He blames his failures in us. He becomes abusive, but Mom, she stays, she believes that he's going to change. But people like that don't change." I hear him sniffle, and small tear traces its way down his cheek. I wipe it away, and he tilts his head down. "But I'm so scared, I don't want to end up like him Winter, I don't want to hurt people."

"Hey, you're not him. And you've proven that, and I don't think that there is a thing in the world that will make you like that." I reassure him, my hand clasps around his.

"It's not easy to let go of your fears, you of all people should know this." He whispers, and my jaw falls open.

He's right, if I want him to see that, I need to see it too.

"You're right, and the only way to make you understand that is by helping me understand that. I can help you, you can help me, we can help us." I saw to him, and he squeezes my hand, and I smile at him, and he smiles back.

"Let's save each other." He states and I knew that we would.
***
I stayed over at his house that night, asking Kirsten for permission of course. NO! we didn't do anything!

"Do you have clothes I can sleep in?" I ask him.

"Yeah," He pulls out a a wife beater and basketball shorts and tosses them to me.

"Thanks, now leave." I point towards the door.

"Why? It's nothing I haven't seen before!" He winks and I roll my eyes.

"Get out!" I push him out the door.

"Killjoy." I hear him mutter.

And I laugh, as I slip of my clothes and out his on. The wife beater fit okay because of the fact that I had a tank underneath, but the shorts, not so much. I pulled the shorts on but no matter what I did, they wouldn't stay up.

"Hey Alex?" I call out softly, a red slowly spreading across my cheeks.

"What?!" He replies back.

"I need your help!" I face palm myself.

"You need a lot of help, but why do you need mine? To fulfill you sexual needs?" He teases and I hear his voice getting closer.

"Eww! Shut up! Your stupid shorts are too big and it's hard to keep them up!" And then I realized that what I had just said made me sound like a perv and a whore.

"So you want me so much, your pants are unable to stay up." He smirks.

I open the door, grab him by the ear and pull him inside. "You will shut up, and listen to me. Your pants are too big, fix it." I almost growl at him.

"Jeez, I was just kidding." He muttered, but u could feel him smirking as he got on his knees to tighten the strings.

I stood there awkwardly, just staring at his room.

"There, maybe they won't fall down this time." He says as he gets up.

"Shut up!" I shove his chest slightly, and he laughs.

His hands wrap around my wrists, and our faces are just a hairs width away from each other. He glances at my lips and immediately flicks his glance back up to my eyes.

I pull away from him just a bit, "Let's watch a movie or some thing," I suggest.

He just nods and we walk downstairs.

I see his mom crouching over the dinner table. She has a cup of tea in her fragile hands.
Like the clumsy fool I am I stub my toe into the wall and gasp quite loudly.

"Hello dear," She smiles at me.

"Hi Ms.Graham. I'm Winter," I introduce myself.

"Call me Clarissa. Thank you for helping us, if it wasn't for you we would be cowering in fear for a long time. But thanks to you Warner has been taken to jail." She thanks me, and her eyes cloud up with tears.

"Your welcome, you and Alex had no right to be forced to live in that kind of environment. I'm just glad your okay!" I tell her modestly.

"But thank you so much! I'll let you and Alex alone I guess. Don't get too frisky!" She laughs and winks at me.

I blush and Alex's jaw drops.

"Yeah Alex, try not to get to frisky!" I burst out laughing and clutch the chair for support.

"Shut up!" He mutters and his ears turn bright red.
-------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys!

This update is well over due. But I decided that I needed to man up and finish this chapter. You can expect an update within a week, I promise!

I hope you like it!

So question of the update::: Whose your favorite superhero?

Mine is Spider-Man!

So please vote and comment!

Thanks for reading!

Xoxo M❤️