Chapter 6

Well, as promised I have written a chapter for you, and earlier than promised too! I needed time to plot everything and build each up each and every character to be a bold enigma. I have everything about the characters and their pasts written out, so I'm thinking that this story will have a great foundation. I hope u like it! ;)
-------------------------------------------------------

After detention, I went to my locker to double check that I wasn't forgetting anything in there.

"12-24-0" I mumbled to myself, and pulled on the hook and the small door opened. I got down in my knees, and shuffled through numerous binders, notebooks, and folders. It wasn't until I finished when I realized that my other folder was in the top shelf.

"Stupid!" I slapped my head, and rubbed it to ease the pain that I had inflicted upon myself.

I was putting the folder that I had needed into my binder when Alex's voice called out.

"Hey Lost," His voice boomed in the now empty concourse.

"Hey Gram," I replied as I stood up and slammed the locker door shut.

I turned around and Alex was leaning against the lockers.

"Trying to act bad? You should give up, its not working for ya," I walked past him and twirled my car keys in my hand.

"Are you trying to continually hurt my ego every time we talk?" He asked with some hints of sarcasm in his voice.

"Yeah, I mean I have nothing better to do, and you desperately needed an ego check," I flipped him off as we we walked down the steps in front of the school.

As we sat in the car, I turned the radio on and Taylor Swift's Bad Blood came on. I was swiftie and I was beyond proud. I began bobbing my head and tapping my fingers on the steering wheel to the beat of the song.

"Cus baby now we got bad blood, you know we used to be mad love," I sang at the top of my lungs.

"You know we used to be mad love," A deep yet squeaky voice rang out inside the car.

I turned to look at Alex and he was just doing the sprinkler in the car with a very determined look on his face.

"Oh mah gahhhd," I cried out.

"What? Is it a crime to love Taylor Swift?" He asked with while turning down the volume a little bit.

"Okay, I gotta get this of my chest so I'm just gonna rip the bandage off. Are you gay?" I asked while switching lanes.

"Does it matter?" He asked.

"Yea,"

"Then no, I'm not gay, I have a different taste in music than most guys," He spoke simply, with no sign of embarrassment in his voice.

"You are a true swiftie," I teased.

"I guess I am," He grinned cheekily.

The rest of the short ride was spent in silence.

"Wait, why are you even in the car? Don't you have your own?" I asked as I pulled into my driveway.

"I needed a ride, because I didn't bring my car to school and I hate the late busses." He said as he got out of the car. "Buy I'm gonna stay here for a couple hours because I don't want to go home"

"Ok then," I said, it's not like I cared.

I opened the door, and said, "Hi Kirsten!"

"Hi sweetie, how was school," My adoptive mother walked out of the kitchen with her apron on, her hair in a bun and flour caking her face.

"It was okay, some teacher gave me detention though," I admitted, she knew that my past was the reason for my behavior.

"Well whose this?" She said as she washed her hands, we followed her into the kitchen.

"Hello, I'm Alex I'm a friend of your daughters," He said ever so politely.

"Well, would you tell me what she did to get detention?" Alex's face lit up and a mischievous smile conquered his face.

"She shoved cupcakes in my friends faces, my face, and she flipped my friend of his chair," Kirsten blinked, and then she doubled over in laughter.

"Why?" She said between laughs

"The guy got a big head," Alex chuckled.

"Nice job, Winter!" And Kirsten high fived me.

It was impossible to get in trouble when you had an awesome 25 year old adoptive mother, she is a mother to me.

"Okay, you kids go upstairs and I'll call you down for some cookies and brownies. Keep the door open," She sang and went back to her baking.

I rolled my eyes at the kind of humor she was making, but cracked a smile anyway. When I turned to look at Alex he was already halfway up the stairs.

I didn't even clean my room! Ugh! I ran up the stairs but he was already smirking at the sight.

"So, is this just for me, do you normally keep you bright pink lacy bras on your dresser for people to see?"
-------------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone!!!!!

It's been sooooo long! I'm glad to notice my book did get some reads and votes on my temporary break, so that's good.

Updates will always vary.

The more reads and votes I get the quicker I'll update, because a response is what motivates me to write.

Please vote and comment. Fan!

Any suggestions, or improvements? Just comment below, I usually reply!

Stay cool!
-M😎😘😜