Chapter 1

{Character in picture: Lily Blanchet as Raven Valentine}

{Song in video: The Ramones - Blitzkrieg Rock}

I groaned as "Break The Cycle" by Motionless In White (the alarm song on my phone) went off. I got up and turned it off. I checked my phone and saw a message from my boyfriend, Tyler Zielinski: Good morning beautiful, have a good day <3

I smiled to myself as I read the text. We have been together for almost a month and our relationship was going great, but the problem is that I wasn't exactly honest to him about my age. He's twenty-two and I'm sixteen. We first met at an art museum and we kept checking each other out. My best friend Katie Daniels told me to go for it and to lie about my age (which I stupidly did) since he looked older. I knew I had to tell him my real age, which hurts but I hated basing our relationship off a lie. I'm not even the type to lie or anything. If you asked why I did it, I honestly do not know. Maybe it was his blue eyes, dirty blonde hair, and how cute he is? He usually dressed nice, usually in a collar shirt and slacks. Okay those are lame excuses and I know I should be ashamed of myself for lying, which I am.

I took a deep breath and sighed. I decided I was going to tell him my rea age today. I was going to do it last week but something came back. I texted him back: Good morning to you too <3 :). Can we meet up later at Starbucks? Around 4?

He texted back: Sure! Look forward to it :)

My mom came in my room and said excitedly, "Are you ready for your first day of 11th grade?" She smiled at me giddily.

"Ugh," is all I said.

"Aw come on. It's another year, a fresh start. Besides you only have two more years of high school. That's not too bad."

I went in the bathroom and took a shower. I blow-dried my short scarlet red pixie hair. I put on a white collared shirt with a gray sweater over it and black skinny jeans and black creepers. I put on red lipstick and put in my septum nose piercing, four ear piercings in each of my ear (two are helix, and the other two are standard earlobes.) Katie described my style as Vintage Grunge Rockabilly Chic.

The doorbell rang. My mom shouts from downstairs, "It's Katie!"

I went downstairs and said, "Hey!" She was wearing The Ramones band-tee, ripped up blue jeans, black converse, baseball cap, and a plaid black, red, and white flannel sweater around her waist. She had straight dirty blonde hair, heavy black eyeliner, and she always had a grunge/emo/punk style. I've never seen her wear a dress because she's such a tomboy. Even though she was only 5'1, she sure had a fiery, spunky, hilarious, and wild personality, which is what I loved about her.

Katie said, "Oh my God, I can't believe we're juniors!"

"I know right? It felt like yesterday we were freshmen."

"You two should get going. You're going to be late. Let me know how your day goes later!" My mom said.

Me and Katie went in my car.

"What's wrong with you? You seem really anxious," Katie noticed. She can read me so well.

I sighed. "I decided I'm going to tell Tyler my real age today. I'm just really nervous about it. What if he breaks up with me?"

Katie looked concerned and put her arm around me to comfort me. "It'll be okay chap. If anything, blame it all on me. This is my fault anyways since I told you to lie about your age."

"Katie, it's not your fault. It's my fault for actually going along with it for this long. I just hope he'll be understanding."

"I'm sorry Rave I really wasn't thinking. You know me, I never think ahead." Which is actually true, Katie never thinks of the consequences whenever she decides to do certain things.