Chapter 41

Chapter 41

(Daniel)

We arrived home and mum was about to make some food.

"So, what shall we do in that time?" I asked James.

"I don't know" he mumbled and turned around.

"Shall I help you?"

"I'd like to be a bit on my own."

Oh, okay. Do that.

He hobbled outside and then upstairs.

"Something wrong?" mum asked me.

"I don't know" I sighed.

"Did these guys do anything?"

"Actually yes. Max wanted to hit James."

"But?"

"I threw myself between them."

"Are you okay, honey?"

"Yes, I am."

I looked at her and then there was these awkward silence for a moment. Not more than ten seconds.

"Go upstairs."

"Huh?"

"Be next to him."

"He said he wanted to be alone a bit."

"He's waiting for you to come upstairs. He wants to know how much you care."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes" she smiled.

I smiled back and jumped upstairs. I knocked on the door, before I realised it wasn't locked. I stormed in and saw James lying on the floor.

"James?" I knelt down next to him.

He lied their, crawled up to himself and cried awfully.

"James, hey..."

He didn't look at me.

"Baby, what's wrong?"

I lifted him up and let him down on the bed, he didn't need to lie on the cold hard ground.

"James?"

"Go!"

"I'm not moving. What's wrong?"

"I miss her!"

"Her?"

"Mummy!"

"Hey..."

"Maybe she's dead already! Mummy!"

"Baby, shhhh..."

I let him sob and cry into my shoulder, felt my shirt getting wetter, but it didn't matter. I had to do something. Of course a boy couldn't grow up without the most important lady. His mother.

"James,..."

"I just want her back!"

"I know" I sighed "I know."

"You know nothing! You still have your mum. You still have your whole family! I have none expect you and your family. But I need my mummy, I wish she would still ran into my room when I have a nightmare. I wish she would still make me pancakes whenever I feel lost. But she doesn't! She tore me apart. My own mummy!"

I didn't say a single word, just let him get rid of all these thoughts.

"I also miss my dad, Danny. He was a wonderful man before my love interests came out. He kept playing football with me. He would still be there and drive me to every place. And I miss my friends, they all started hating on me! Everybody turned away from me. My father, my friends, and maybe myself!"

"But, James. I'm here..."

"But what if this ends one day? I'll be all alone!"

"This fucking won't end, baby. Never. It just won't."

"Danny..."

"It's okay, James..."

He sank into my arms and let out a few last sobs, before he rested peacefully in my arms.

"I'm gonna get us some food, okay?" I suggest.

He didn't reply. I laid him back and saw he was already asleep. I grinned, then pulled away his shoes and socks, tried to get him out of the sweatpants he was wearing. Then I covered him with the blanket and walked downstairs.

"And?" mum asked.

"He was all churned up..."

"I heard someone crying."

"Yep..."

"What was it?"

"He missed his mum."

"Understandable."

"Mum, we need to do something."

"Actually yes, but we can't just go to their house and be like 'Hello, your son misses you.'"

"What else?"

"I don't know, Daniel. Ask your dad."

"But you're my mum, you always know this."

"Sorry" she sighed. "Hungry?"

"Not at all."

"Go upstairs. You're not useless when you're concerned. Do you have any homework?"

I shook my head, kissed her cheek, grabbed a water bottle, and ran upstairs. There I quickly pulled away the clothes I didn't need and cuddled up to him.

"D-Danny?"

"Shhh, I'm here. Try to sleep a bit."

"I love you" he muttered, then fell asleep again.

I took his hand and then also closed my eyes which led me into a really deep sleep instantly.