The Trees

(A.N) Sorry it took so long for this update! Gotta love technical difficulties, right? Hah.. But yeah, its finally here. Its just a short filler, like I explained last chapter. Enjoy, and follow me to keep up with what's going on! Bye ~ 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        I looked around, examining the trees. Their branches mysteriously swirled at the tips, making them look so unreal. But they are real, right? I see them right in front of me. I reached out, touching one of the trees. Feels real to me. I recoiled my hand, walking farther into the darkness. The farther I looked out, the more curled the tree branches got, it seemed. I pulled my phone out of my pocket again to check the time, but something caught my eye. The screen's color was distorted, and the brightness seemed to waver. Alyssa, are you high or something? I looked away, making sure it was not just my eyesight. Everything else seemed still and fine. Now, why is my phone glitching? Stupid thing.. I angrily shoved it in my pocket, cautiously leaning on trees and making my way through the erie and almost black forest.

        Why haven't I just turned around and lugged myself back home? What am I even chasing after? Why am I doing all of this? I ask myself so many questions, and I keep telling myself the same exact answer: the dreams. The dreams that taunted me at night; the dreams that never left my head; the dreams that have made me draw out symbols in a sketchbook, that I have now found right in front of me. This could help me figure out how the dream really ends. I shook my head, focusing back onto the trail ahead of me. Where am I now?

        I thought about what would come next, if this adventure went the way my dreams did.. First the raven, then the trees... Damn Alyssa, when did you become Dora The Explorer? I took my phone out and used its still-wavering light to look through my journal. I took a nervous gulp, slightly remembering what it was. I studied the page.. It was the completely-black page. How am I supposed to find this darkness? My mind wandered and I shivered at the possibilities. Maybe this was a bad idea.. But I'm sure its too late to go back home. I've been wandering alone for what.. hours now? I decided against my better judgement to settle down by a tree and rest until morning. Hey, my only source of light is glitchy and its almost too dark to see my hands. Fuck, why didn't I prepare better? 

        I grumbled to myself, plopping onto the ground and getting as comfortable as I could onto a nearby tree. I heard my phone in my pocket getting glitchier, so in annoyance I threw it somewhere next to me. Why did I do that?! I listened to the unusual absolute silence of the nature around me, feeling uneasy but slowly drifting off into a sleeping state. A state where I could dream.. 

        A state of darkness.