Unlucky Win

Today was the day of the Florida Derby. Luke came and gave me my breakfast, while Jacob left to get ready for the race. Miranda came and got me tacked up. When she was done Jacob came and got me, he warmed me up by walking in a tight circle. Miranda left to go get my buddy Lady Red.

Ladies Pov

Miranda came and got me by breakfast while Gwen was getting ready. Miranda tacked me up when I was done eating. By then Gwen came back and Miranda left. I assume that she was going to Pharoah who I was going to kick butt.

Pharoah's pov

Miranda came back and so did Luke. They were just talking when Lady and Gwen finally came.

Riders up the announcer said. Luke gave Jacob a leg up on me then went to Gwen and did the same with her. We started to head out towards the track.

I was loaded in last because I don't like closed environments. The stalls are fine because I can move around unlike the gates.

Ring

I dashed out and Lady was right behind me. As I started to pull away Lady started to drop back. Jukebox Junk was pushing to change the lead. I kicked it up another gear and started to pull away. Then that's is when I heard panting it was Jukebox Junk. She kicked it up and so did I. That's is when it all hit me. I crossed the wire and won by three lengths. I turned around and saw Jukebox Junk lying there on the track. I was so scared that as soon as Jacob was off I dashed towards her. Ya she is my rival but she was pretty. She was also really good. Jacob came and got me and took me back to the stables. Jacobs and Luke saw the terror in my eyes.

"If they sell her I will pay for her, just for Pharoah here", said Luke.

Jacob and Luke looked at me again and saw that I was scared still but felt better. Miranda was left to deal with me as Luke and Jacob took off to see Jukebox. In my heart she is not junk she will be my best friend more than Lady.