My First Breath

I was in this box with my my mom cleaning me off. I looked up and she said "How's my Midnight Pharoah?" "Great mom," I replied. I got up and fell, I tried again and this time I stood up. I wobbled towards mom. I reached up her and drank her warm milk. After I drank my full, I went back to sleep.

While I was asleep my owner came to see mom and I. His name was Luke and treats mom and I very well. They came up with my name, the same name mom called me Midnight Pharoah. I liked that name very much.

Later that day I woke up to see Luke standing there talking to another man. He was shorter and smaller than Luke. I ran behind mom the man and Luke looked at me and laughed. I fell and did some what of a spit. I stood back up and mom told be that the smaller man was named Jacob and he is a my jockey.

"What is a jockey mom?" I asked.
She replied with "Well he races me against other horses."
"I want a jockey mom and I want to run fast." I said while running around in circles.

Luke told Jacob "Looks like Pharoah hear wants to go out in the pasture."
Jacob went to grab what mom called a halter and put it on mom with a lead robe. The. Luke had another halter, smaller than moms and put it on me. They lead us to the pasture and undone the lead rope from me and mom. They shut the gate and watched me. As soon as they shut the gate I darted to the far fence and back. Man it felt good, it felt like I flew. Luke and Jacob stood there in aww. Man that guy can run I heard them say. He will be able to win the triple crown just like his father American Pharoah.

They came back and put us back in the stall. I fell asleep again because I was really tired from running around. The next day would be a great day. I will meet my father tomorrow. I can't wait.