TPG Faces Complaints on Fraud Products

The Peterson Group is one of the distributors of mobile phone accessories and laptop peripherals in a number of countries in South East Asia. Their main port is located in Kaohsiung, Taiwan and is known to deliver large quantity of mobile accessories every day. Retailers in Jakarta, Indonesia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and other neighboring cities have been increasing as even competing businesses use TPG as their supplier.

On the dawn of November 15, 2015, one of the company's trucks bearing the usual mobile accessories in its way of delivery to Jakarta was stopped dead on its tracks on an ambush operation as reports of fraudulence was filed against TPG by three retailers. Allegedly, TPG trucks are also used to smuggle fraud copies of mobile accessories which are being mixed with the legitimate ones to sell to fly-by-night and black market customers. True enough, four boxes containing fake and defected mobile phone cases and monopods were found with real ones.

In an interview with Terrence Churn, marketing head of , the company has nothing to do with the fraud products and is currently doing their own investigation to catch whoever slipped those goods into their deliveries.

This issue has since escalated and reached clients in other countries. Some withdrew their contracts and has been in the hunt for a more trusted supplier. Some would want to hear The Peterson Group's side of the story before making a verdict. Some continue to trust TPG despite the accusations of scams.

also started to surface. There are also questions on the company's pricing. As an answer to this, Churn stated, "When it comes to price, we need to make a decision. We need to either subsidize phones or not. I personally can understand why we shouldn't, but I don't think it will work in Asia."

He added, "Finally we need to make the contract reasonable and understandable. Set the early termination fee based on device cost. That is something that people can understand".

The company also explained the system they are undertaking for their client's bills to clear some misunderstanding.

"We tend to get a ton of customers paying their bill. When the bill is a little more than usual we have to decipher this confusing bill that we can't even understand ourselves and try to put it in terms that the customer can. If something is incorrect, we have to call in and act as the middle man only to make it more confusing to the customer," says Churn.