Chapter 1 Coward

A/n: So hi this is my first real fan fic I tried to write another one but abandoned it after a lack of inspiration. So now I'm writing this Hiccup X reader. For the few readers out there I would like to apologize in advance if I don't update to often. Inbetween school and moving I will be really busy. So please don't hate and let's get started.
Your POV:
I ran from the captain and jumped over the edge of the boat into the water.
"THATS RIGHT RUN YOU COWARD" yelled the captain as he sailed away. Coward, yep that word seemed to fit me recently. I used to be so brave, then my confidence in myself and anyone else was shattered.
I look around as I realize I am still in the middle of the ocean. Real smart (y/n) jump into the water just brilliant. I look around for land and see some maybe 30 minutes away, my optimism was short lived as I realized I was easy prey to sharks or even scoldren. I quickly began to swim to shore.

Time skip to after swim

As I pulled myself onto land I quickly rummaged through my bag relieved to find that the water proof worked. My belongings were all safe, including my journals which unlike me was dry.
As I sat there on the ground wet and miserable I made a promise to myself. From now on, I was done being scared, I was going to start being brave again. With this resolve I set out to find shelter.
Soon I found a nice cozy cave near a cliff overlooking the sea. As I explored the island I saw all its hidden beauty. The lush towering trees the sparkling streams and lakes, even the dragons seemed less threatening. I decided right there and then that this island would be my new home. I also realized that if I wanted to live here I needed to make my cave a home. I still had a few hours of day light left so I decided to get to work. I gathered wood to make a bed and fallen branches as well as twigs to make a fire. After I found the closest water source I began to fish for food. It was getting dark and I managed to catch several fish and had just tied them up tossing them over my shoulder when I heard movement in the undergrowth.
"Who's there," I said just as a large white dragon steps out of the Bush's. It growled when it saw me. At this point instincts took over. I slowly set down the fish and discarded all my weapon. I then put out my hand turning away as a sign of trust. A few moments of tense silence past before I felt a warm muzzle Pres against my out stretched hand. I turned to see the dragon nuzzling my palm.
"Hi there, my names (y/n). Would you like to be my official best friend." the dragon nodded so I continued. "Well do you mind if I name you " another nod. "How about . . . (d/n)" I ask excitedly, (d/n) jumped around happily, I'm glad she likes it. "Well (d/n) let's head to my new home and get some rest.". I pick up my belongings from the ground and with that the two of us walk of towards my cave.

Hey hope you all like it, sorry if it's short I'm still getting into the swing of writing. Anyway please comment it will encourage me know to update faster. Bye my little Vikings.