I stared down at her, debating on what I should say next. I was so relived that she loved me that much, at the same time I don't want her to change a thing about herself for me, mortal or not.

"Do you know you basically just proposed to me?" I asked, smiling at the beautiful girl beneath my body.

Elena blushed, her cheeks turning light pink as she shook her head. I leaned down and kissed the tip of her nose. I held my head back up and explained it to her, "For a mortal to become immortal, they kind of have to marry into it. For us, I would share my immortality with you through our marriage ritual which is completed when we have sex. The only thing is that the immortal would need to be twenty-one or older to partake in the marriage ceremony."

Elena soaked all the information I gave her, her eyes focusing on me, but her mind was somewhere else. Slowly she came back to the present, a small smile crept on her face as she locked her legs around my waist and rolled us over on the bed. She sat up on my chest, looking down at me, "That's kind of weird." She mumbled, before shaking her head slightly, her hair swinging back and fourth, "But...I know we haven't been on the best of terms, and I know it's hard for me to get back into the relationship, but...when we're ready...I wouldn't be totally against being engaged to you."

I laughed at how cute she was being, "I wouldn't be against it either."

She placed her hands on either side of my face as she leaned down to kiss me, her lips soft against mine. I placed my hands on her back, sliding them down her body. There was a loud banging on the other side of the wall. Ryker.

Scowling, I was half tempted to go over and hit the wall back, but Elena pulled up and shook her head, "We should get to sleep. Come on." She crawled off of me onto the other side of the bed, laying on her side.

I turned on my side, facing her and wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her back into my chest, placing my face in the crook of her neck, gently kissing up to her jaw, and she snuggled into me, "Did you really need me here because you were afraid of the dark?"

"Shadows." Elena corrected, "And yes, I  will always need my Superman."

I squinted my eyes as I looked around. The sun was barely up, but it was enough to brighten the room in a warm glow. Elena's body was pressed into mine, her face nuzzled into my chest, her slow breaths hitting my skin rhythmically. I also noticed how she managed to weave her silky leg in between mine, rubbing against my leg with her foot and her arms wrapped around me as if she was holding on for dear life. I smiled at the sight of her peaceful face as it relaxed in her sleep. I bent my head down to kiss her between her brows, and a small smile flickered on her face. I would do anything to see the smile.

Carefully untangling our limbs, I left her to sleep. I covered her in the soft sheets of the hotel bed and walked over to bags, picking out some clothes Zal had bought the other day and went to the bathroom to take a shower. The doubts I was feeling about actually getting back home didn't wash away with the water, it seemed to stick on my skin and no matter how hard I tried to scrub it away, but the doubt and fear were impossible to wash away.

I stepped out of the shower and putting on clean clothes. Once I did I wiped my hand over the steamed mirror, revealing my reflection, smirking back at me, "Leading her on." He tsked, shaking his head, "You should be ashamed of yourself. She's going to find out sooner or later."

"Stop." I glanced down at the sink, hoping that my reflection...my mind...or whatever was wrong with me, would go away. I lifted my head to look up, only to see my reflection letting out a harsh laugh, "You're really losing it, Kai."

I stumbled backwards, about to open the door when I heard a soft knock from the other side, "Kai, is everything okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I managed the words out of my lips as I stared at the mirror. I can't do this now, I can't be seeing this. It's just my imagination. Nothing more.