One: Azalia

"Stars are only visible in darkness,
Fear is ever changing and evolving,
And I, I can poison the skies,
And I, I feel so alive." - Battle Cry, Imagine Dragons

The ceiling fan twirled around for what seemed like the millionth time, and it was then that I decided that I hated fans. If I could, I would burn it down to a crisp. As would my uncle's face.

Running from him all these years was a waste, I guess I always knew he'd catch up to us. I just kept a silly delusion that maybe, just maybe, I could escape. I could live a somewhat normal, everyday life. But who was I kidding? How could I live a normal life if I had to live every single day in fear that he would catch up to me?

"Who can take a sunrise," I sung in a raspy voice. My voice was scratchy, and my throat burned as I tired to sing, it hurt to even speak. I haven't had water in who knows how long. I haven't seen the sun for even longer.

"Sprinkle it with dew," I continued. It's my daily dose at annoying my uncle. He hates me singing, he hates rainbows, cupcakes, and baby giggles. It wouldn't surprise me if he kicked puppies for the fun of it.

"Cover it with chocolate, and a miracle or two, the Candy Man," My high pitched voice was like someone scraping their fingernails against a chalk board. Not a pleasant thing to hear.

"Oh, the Candy-" The only door to my room was thrown open, my uncle coming inside, an air of calmness about him. His golden eyes narrowed at the sight of me.

"Are you finished?" He shut the door behind him. He studied me as I laid on my back, staring at the ceiling, then occasionally glancing over towards him.

Giving him a roll of my eyes, "Man can," I finished the rest of what I was singing. Challenging my uncle's patience.

With a frustrated sigh, he spoke, "I came to tell you, I found out which one it is."

Every function, every thought that was going through my head, stopped. My blood ran cold, and I felt like trembling. It was only a matter of time. I should have figured that he would know.

"As long as you're alive, there will never be peace." He started to approach me slowly, I sat up from my position on my bed, and scooting back, until my back hit the wall.

Trying to wet my throat, with what little saliva I had, I shot back,"It's funny, the lengths someone would go, to kill their niece. All in the name of peace. It takes a really messed up person to do that."

He shook his head of dark hair, and I couldn't help but notice the similarities between my uncle and my father. Other than their appearance, they were polar opposites. A villain, masquerading as an angel of peace, and Chaos, being nothing but himself.

He laughed coldly, his eyes still as menacing as ever before. All my time here, the tests, the procedures, everything. All the pain he's caused me, this was finally it. It will all be over soon.

"What about Kai?" I croaked out as the door opened and two huge men came in, flanking both sides of my uncle, grim faces that revealed nothing. No emotion. And no regret on killing a teenage girl. So much for the human soul.

Refusing to answer me, my uncle nodded his head to the two men who approached me, grabbing both of my arms roughly, pulling me off of my bed. I winced at their abruptness, trying to wrench my arms away from them, but my arms were locked tightly away in their iron grips.

"What's going to happen to Kai?" I repeated, this time more desperate than the first.

"I can't let him walk free, Azalia. I thought you of all people would know that." His tone was matter-of-fact. Cold and calculating, as if he was just stating the facts, or reading a news paper. No emotion. Nothing. Go ahead, slaughter your whole family. I guess you wouldn't be the first person to do it.