An old friend (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"Okay mummy" Flippy nodded as Lily closed the door behind herself. 

"People who bought us here, excuse me I bought us half the way" Flippy's reflection complained. "If it wasn't for me we wouldn't even be here right now." "Well if mum knew you did then she would thank you" Flippy smiled. "Yeah whatever I don't care."

"I bet you do" Flippy sneered. "Shut up and go down to breakfast already" Flippy's reflection said as turning his head away again. "Okay, bye" Flippy jumped up and headed for the door. "Oh what should I call you by the way?" 

"Fliqpy" said Flippy's reflection. 

"Okay bye Fliqpy" Flippy said as walking out the room. 

"Yeah bye kid" Fliqpy stared. 

Downstairs 

Lily had just finished making her home made pancakes and was putting them on the table, when Flippy entered the kitchen with his father's beret on his head. "Here you go Flippy your favourite." Sitting down the little boy looked at the pile of pancakes on his plate before turning his eyes to the seat next to him and remembered of the times he and his dad would muck about with their food and then his mum would tell them off. 

Lily looking over knew exactly what her son was thinking about before something suddenly came to her mind. "Hey Flippy I do recall daddy leaving you an early birthday present at the military base, if I get a location on where we are would you like me to send them a letter asking if we can have it?" 

"Sure mum" Flippy nodded as playing with his pancakes. It was then the young boy noticed just outside the kitchen window a playground not far off in the distance. "Hey mum can I go and play outside in the park?"

"But Flippy don't you want to meet the people who bought us here?" Lily asked. "Sure I do but can't I just go and play for a bit, you can come and get me when you're done washing up" Flippy begged. "Oh alright go and get ready" Lily smiled making Flippy jump from his seat and legged it up to his room.

Coming down a few minutes later Flippy was dressed in a black top and jeans with white trainers and also his dad's beret. Lily looking at her son tilted her head to the side and said, "what's with the sudden change of clothing?" 

"Oh a friend of mine said there's less chance of me being bullied if I wear this" said Flippy. "Oh but your little animal tops make you look so cute" Lily sneered making Flippy blush awkwardly. "Mum stop it it's embarrassing, anyway I'll see you later" Flippy said as about to walk out the house. 

This was when Lily's face suddenly became serious. "Is it him?" she choked. Flippy turned back round with a confused face. "W-what?" he mumbled. "Is it that voice in your head telling you to do all this?" Lily cried. 

"Damn it I thought she was going to keep this quite" Fliqpy swore to himself.

"What are you guys talking about?" Flippy stared. "I thought so" Lily sniffed. "Flippy your 5 years old, this isn't the way a child your age should act. You should be wearing cute little clothing and playing in the park outside not given a care in the world, but instead your acting like a military soldier. Lily was crying heavily now, hunched over by the sink with a piece of tissue in hand trying to wipe away her endless waterfall of tears. "What has that monster done to you, you don't even get scared of the dark anymore."

"Mum I-" Flippy stared with an ache in his chest. "Just go and play I'll be out in a minute" Lily whispered with a sob. "Come on kid your mum needs some time to think" Fliqpy said as Flippy gave a nod in agreement. 

The minute Flippy stood outside and closed the door behind him he broken down, falling to his knees and crying. "Why, why did this have to happen" he whimpered. "Dad what am I supposed to do?"