Chapter Twenty-One (Part 1)

Chapter Twenty-One

I waited a moment before heading back out into the battle. Caesar was busy fighting with an unfamiliar vampire and I hoped he doesn’t get hurt. I weaved through the fighting people and searched the area for Demetri. I’m a little worried since I haven’t found him yet. I’m afraid I’ve lost him.

Suddenly a wolf jumped in front of me and blocked my path. It let out an earsplitting howl, making me cover my ears in pain. When the howling stopped, I put down my hands and looked at the wolf. It bared it’s teeth at me and let out a low growl. It pulled it’s arm back and brought it down to slash me on my left side. I let out a scream of pain.

I fell to the ground and slightly began to shake from the pain. My left side began to numb and I figured it was the adrenaline kicking in. I wiped away the tears and looked up at the wolf that was crouched over me. It sniffed the air around me and bared it’s teeth even more. It must smell the blood. Suddenly the wolf was pelted with arrows, sending him to the ground.

I moved my right hand down to feel my side. When my hand made contact, I felt something warm and wet. I moved my hand up to my face so I could see what it was. My eyes opened wide when I saw my blood covered hand.

I shouldn’t be bleeding this much. At this rate I could pass out and die. I forced myself to get up. I looked down at the ground stained with my blood. A small puddle of blood took the place of where I laid. I put pressure on my wound and continued to look for Demetri.

~*~

I’ve been walking for a while. I’ve slowed down because I keep getting dizzy from the blood loss. I don’t think I’m going to find Demetri. At the rate I’m going, I’ll bleed to death before I reach him. I made my way over to the wall of palace and slid down into a sitting position.

“Demetri.” I sighed as I looked at the fighting bodies in front of me. “Where are you?”

I wasn’t sitting long before I got tired. I’ve accepted the fact that I’m not going to find Demetri and I most likely won’t make away from the spot. I just hope that Demetri and Caesar will be okay in the end.

I leaned my head back on the wall and closed my eyes since they were getting heavy. At least I tried to find Demetri. And at least he knows I love him.

“Ellie.” Demetri said. My eyes quickly opened and I saw Demetri’s sapphire eyes looking back into mine. There were blood splatters on his face and I hoped the blood wasn’t his. I raised my hand and rest it on his cheek.

“Demetri, I’ve been looking for you.”

“I smelled your blood. Let’s get you inside.”

He slipped his arms beneath me and lift me up easily. I kept one hand pressed against my wound and the other around Demetri’s neck.

“How could smell my blood and no one else’s?”

“I smelled others, but I know yours by heart. The smell is very distinct to me.”

I suddenly felt a gush of wind then it stopped. I noticed we were now in his room. He placed me on his bed and crouched down to examined my wound.

“Demetri?” Jules asked, coming from the back. She looked at me and anger crossed her face. “How could you bring her here? She’s the one that got you into trouble. I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s the cause of this battle.” She came over to stand by us.

“Jules, back off please.” Demetri said.

He gently removed my hand from keeping pressure on the wound. I felt the blood begin to gush faster.