Chapter Twenty-Two (Caesar's)

Chapter Twenty-Two (Caesar’s)

It's been two days and most of us are still being treated for our wounds. We heal quickly, but we have so many injuries that it's going to take us a while to heal.

“Ow.” I said, wincing in pain as Ms. Pearl bandaged my injured arm.

“I'm sorry.” She apologized. “There's no way around the pain.”

“It's fine.” I reassured her.

As Ms. Pearl finished, my mind wandered off back to the battle. I can't believe Ellie did something so stupid as to go out on the battle field. Didn't she realize how dangerous that was? She could have gotten herself killed. And she shouldn't have stepped into my fight with that bloodsucker. I had him right where I wanted him. He was mine and Ellie stepped in to stop it. She knows I need revenge for my family's death. I explained everything to her, yet she still loves that murderer. I don't understand it. I could give her so much more.

Ellie stripped my chance of revenge from me. But she's not the only one. Who ever that woman was, she was very powerful and took my down with one punch. If it weren't for her, I would have stayed and got my revenge, but she was obviously bad news and Keith ordered me to leave.

“All finished.” Pearl said. “Take it easy okay? I don't want you coming back in here needing your arm bandaged again.”

“Alright.” I told her, hopping off the medical bed and leaving the room.

I walked down the hall past my pack members who were all injured. Some in critical condition.

“Caesar,“ Someone said, taking hold of my wrist to stop my stride. I looked to see Cedric. He's one of the younger wolves. He hadn't had as much training as everyone else because he didn't become a full werewolf until later. I didn't thing Keith allowed him to go into battle.

He gripped onto his left shoulder, which was spurting blood. His entire left side was soaked in blood.

“You have to make them take me.” He said, gripping onto my wrist tighter. “It hurts. I can't bear the pain anymore. You have to help me. You're the beta, they'll do what you say. Please.“ He was begging me. With the amount of blood that's covering him, I'd say he's lost over two pints.

“Yeah, I'll see what I can do.”

I informed one of the medical personnel of Cedric's condition and they tended to him immediately. Since I felt that he'd survive, I left the medical center and headed home. I'm exhausted from tending to all of the families today. I had to inform the families who'd lost their loved ones in the battle and I had to inform families of injured ones. I'm the emergency contact number of every person in the pack. I've been all over the place today.

“Hey, Caesar!” I heard Keith call. I looked to see him jogging towards me.

“Hi Keith.” Greeted him once he was over to me.

“You look beat.”

“I know you're the alpha, but why does it seem like I took over your job today?”

“I was working on memorial services and things for the families who've lost loved ones. I've been busy too.”

“Yeah, well you got the easy stuff.”
There was silence for a moment then Keith rest his hand on my shoulder and looked at me.

“You're not thinking about that human girl are you?“ He asked me.

“No.” I answered. “And her name is Ellie.”

“I’m sorry.” He put his hands up in defense. “You can’t mope around because you miss her. It’s not like she’s your mate or anything.”