Book 2⌇16. Sanctioned Orders

Comenzar desde el principio

Liar!

Why...?

I want to fight back, but I'm perplexed. If Locaine saw my blood memories, the only thing he would've seen regarding the hunters...is Enock about to end my life.

Why is he lying?

I don't have any more information, and he knows that.

Locaine roughly shoves me into Lucca's waiting arms.

"You really believe that Lucca can drag the information out of her?" Remy questions Locaine. I try to move forward, but Lucca just wraps both of his arms around mine, holding me in place at my waist. It isn't a restricting embrace, but one of protection.

"Yes," is all Locaine says. He turns to us, and the look in his eyes causes me to cower away, pushing back into Lucca's chest. I'm afraid of the new emotions I see hiding behind those eyes.

My eyes flicker to Ronan and Julien, both looking just as confused as I am. Ronan's confusion immediately changes to suspicion, his eyes narrowing on the three of us. But, instead of prying further, he growls, "Get it out of her."

Lucca's grip tightens, pulling me in the direction of the double doors to the ballroom.

The fuck's going on?

"Move," Lucca shoves me again, this time much harder. He releases his arms from around my body, letting me walk on my own. The sea of vampires part, allowing us access to the exit. The flabbergasted expressions we receive makes me feel uneasy.

Why did he stop?

I glance over my shoulder, only I can't see past Lucca's form. His eyes urge me to keep moving. I release a small sigh and turn my head back around, my eyes falling on the dark oak wood doors...the final exit to this tombstone that had almost become my grave.

The crimson and ebony candles flicker their foreboding light, casting dark shadows across the faces of all who look upon us.

I should be afraid...why am I no longer afraid? Locaine said Lucca was going to torture me...

Somehow...I don't believe him.

The same vampire who had ushered me in earlier narrows his eyes at me as he reluctantly grasps the handle of the door and opens it wide. The snow had begun to fall again, a gentle breeze blowing it around my body as I step out onto the packed ground.

My hair whips around my body, encasing me in a shield. There are traces of blood that coats the underside of my white hair, stopping me in my tracks. Kato and another vampire are waiting patiently near the street.

"Don't stop," Lucca's voice is but a ghost of a whisper behind me.

"You're n-" I'm cut off, Lucca grabbing my upper arms and bringing me against his muscular chest. The air catches in my lungs, wondering if he's going to end my life now.

"Don't speak," he hushes me, his lips pressing against my left ear. I take a deep breath and nod, unsure of what is happening. I find everything that had just happened completely strange...

...why am I not dead?

Kato steps forward and informs us, "The jet's ready, Lucca."

"Excellent," Lucca's lips leave my ear, leaving behind a warmth. His hold on me loosens, allowing me to follow Kato and the other vampire.

We walk for about a mile until we finally reach a gray jet.

"Eryx," Lucca speaks once again.

No name has a name now...