thirty-seven

A/N: I CRI GUYS BACKSPACE ENDS IN THREE MORE CHAPTERS AND AN EPILOGUE

Seriously. I can't fool you twice, you won't fall for it and you will hate me if you do 😂

February 29, 2016

Third Person's POV

Miyun eyed Taehyung when she saw him walk out of his classroom's door. She ran up to him and held his shoulder to make him face her. He winced at her touch but his looks softened when he saw the petite girl's face. Her expression wasn't painted with brightness and colorfulness just like before, it was already the completely opposite.

"What do you want? It's almost been a month ever since I started trying to forget you. It was working." Taehyung said non-chalantly.

Miyun felt arrows shot through her heart.

"Forget me? No, Taehyung don't do that." Miyun pleaded. Taehyung let out a scoff.

"Aren't you aware of the fact that when I said sorry, you only made me chase after you but nothing happened? And now you're coming back to me like this? Don't play unfair here, Miyun. You've been reading my messages but you never respond and it's pretty obvious you don't want me in your life. Let's just say that same goes with me." He said in an icy cold voice.

"What? So trying to forget me... means.. using Eunmi? Is... that what you wanted to do?" Miyun stammered with a gulp. Taehyung didn't reply for a minute.

Taehyung wanted to feel it, the feeling of being so mad at one person to the point that you'll shout all your hatred at them, but he can't to that. He always chooses to keep everything to himself and that's one thing he just couldn't accept about himself.

The awkward tension took over and it was also Taehyung who broke the ice. "Our talk ends here. Let's not waste our time on each other."

Taehyung turned his back at her to walk away but she ceased him.

"Look Taehyung.. do you seriously regret meeting me? Are you trying to stop now? I mean yes, we push each other away and always come running back. But please tell me that straight in the eye if you regret everything. And please let me know that you mean what you're going to say." Miyun said, her voice cracking slowly.

Taehyung looked at her for a while then sighed. "Can you not ask me this questions? You're probably too good for me, I don't know. Or maybe too bad.

Miyun held his arm. "No one is too good for anybody and nobody is too bad for anyone either.. Taehyung." She said. He turned to her slowly.

"Taehyung, I'm sorry. I'm really sorry for ignoring you and hurting you. I didn't know I was capable of doing so, I just did it." She said, her eyes sincerely pleading for forgiveness. "It's probably because of what people made me think about me, it's probably because I was so done of everybody, I don't know. But please hear me out, really." Miyun continued to plead.

"You're being too much, Miyun.. You shouldn't be doing that. But okay, let's just stop and break ties between us." Taehyung said.

"Why?" She asked in a low and sad voice.

"Even if I'm very thankful you came along, I know that your life will be better without me around. We're not even similar to each other." Taehyung mentioned.

"But Taetae, I actually.." Miyun said, stopping herself midway for a second. "..I actually need you around. And also I.."

Miyun wanted to tell her about what she feels for him but it's so difficult.

"You know what Miyun? Let's just forgive and forget." Taehyung suggested in a simple manner. Hearing the word 'forget' from Taehyung gave her chills. He probably doesn't want their friendship to last longer.

"Forgive and forget? Taehyung.. But I really.." She said, stopping midway again. Taehyung put on a curious look on his face, waiting for her to continue what she's going to say.

"love you.." Miyun continued, and then immediately covered her mouth. Taehyung, surprised looked at her, perplexed by her sudden confession. He was just flustered. "I can't forgive and forget if it's with you." Miyun lastly said.

"Wait, what?" He asked, not believing what Miyun said. He wanted to make sure he heard her words right.

"Oh.. uh.. it's nothing. If you want to stop talking to me forever, it's fine." Miyun said in a voice full of pain.

Before Miyun could walk away, Taehyung spoke. "I heard what you said, Miyun, you can't take it back now.. even if it's too late. Why only say these words now?" Taehyung forced a smile and then patted Miyun's shoulder, walking away. She can feel her heart breaking to pieces.

"It's February 29th today.. this date only exists once in every four years, shouldn't something new be happening?" Miyun said before Taehyung walked even further.

Taehyung shrugged, "We aren't friends anymore.. that's new."