Recovery or Realization?

You would think that when you touch a guy and feel a spark that seems to rock your world like everybody says, and you realize that this person is meant to be with you forever, the next step would be getting to know the guy, falling in love with him, finally ending up cuddled up to him in bed, covered in sweat, and just reminiscing on said great sex. But is Jim doing that right now? Fuck no.

            No, Jim was back in his dorm sitting on his couch and watching old episodes of Arrow. He used to watch it with his brother growing up. Apparently his dad had loved them when he was a kid, so he recorded them so his kids could watch them growing up. Now Jim watched them again. Somehow watching Oliver Queen stabbing people in the chest allowed him to get his anger out as well. Although, when the green-hooded vigilante shot some mob boss in the chest, he was reminded of the pain he already had in his own.

            He got up to get a beer from the replicator as Bones walked in. "Jim?" he greeted, "I thought you were studying in the library all night?" Jim continued to stare aimlessly into the replicator. "Jim!" McCoy shouted.

            Finally the younger man snapped out of his trance. "Oh, hey Bones."

            "The hell is wrong with you?" the doctor asked.

            Jim let out a long sigh. "You wouldn't believe me in a million years." He picked up his beer and took a long swig moving back to the couch.

            McCoy already had a bottle of water in his hand and sat down next to Jim. "Try me kid."

            Kirk brought his head back and stared at the ceiling. He really wanted to talk to somebody, anybody, about what had just happened to him in the library, but what would Bones think of this whole thing? He'd probably never hear the end of it. Fuck it, he thought, I need to get this off my chest. Jim let out a deep breath. "Ok, but if I tell you, you don't say a word of this to anyone. I am dead serious about this because if you do, I may never speak to you again."

            "Ok! God, Jim, what did you do?"

            This was going to incredibly hard to say. "Ok, so I think I met my soulmate."

            "That's fantastic," Bones said. "I get why you'd be nervous, but damn kid you look straight up terrified. Who is it?"

            Jim pointed a finger right in the other man's face and shifted so his legs were tucked underneath him. "That, that right there is why I'm flipping shit. It's... it's Spock."

            McCoy sat back and went wide eye. "You're fucking with me," he smiled.

            "Wish I was."

            "The Vulcan Professor, First officer, stick-up-the-ass Mr. Spock?" Jim nodded. "No, now I know you've got to be fucking with me."

            "I swear I am not fucking with you. I am dead serious."

            "How the hell did this happen?! You two are legit complete opposites. Not to mention, he's Vulcan. This shit doesn't happen to Vulcans." The doctor put his face in his hands and took a few deep breathes. "Ok, first off, do I want to know how this happened? Or am I gonna be scarred for life?"

            "No, it was cool, I guess, just extremely awkward and just, ugh. I'll just tell you."

            "Listening," Bones said, clearly aggravated.

            "Ok, so I was in the library studying and I figured I was gonna be there for a while so I might as well get comfy. So I go over to the café and get a coffee. When I get back, he's checking out my stuff. Then he starts asking me why I'm using such out dated materials, so I tell him and he sits down with me. Then I ask him to clarify something from a lesson and we start talking about it, and, I don't know, I think he's pretty damn cute..."