James T. Kirk

James T. Kirk has always believed he'd never fall in love. All of his life he had been crushed by the people that he thought he loved. Most people believed that in a world where a soul mate was chosen for you, one where love came with a shock when skin touched; there was no point in dating. James was different. While other people would just live out their lives like normal, waiting for the day to come where they brushed hands with their soulmates, he would go out and look for them; he was some of the few people who actually dated.

He'd always feel like he'd found them. He had many different occasions where he would think he found them but the shock just didn't happen. There was Nicole Shane, his high school sweetheart who he had dated for 6 years. After all that time with her out thinking everything was great, turn she had been cheating on him with whom else but her soulmate. Then he met Jasmine Wells. He'd met her only once, but when he looked at her, something just felt right. She worked at his local grocery store and he looked her up one day on the store's website. What else to find on her bio other than the fact that "the happiest day in her life is when she met her wonderful husband, Brian, and the heartwarming shock that she felt when they first touched."

But out of all the people James had dated people over the years, there was one person who finally made him give up on trying to find his soulmate. Her name was Jessica Verman. She was one of the most beautiful creatures James had ever seen. She was an Orion girl, no older than 23 with green eyes that sparkled with happiness every time he saw her. They had met at a bar a couple years back and Jim just had to talk to her. After a few hours of talking, he brushed his hands with her and felt an electric jolt that shot all the way up his arm and he just knew she was meant for him. Apparently, she had felt it too.

After a year or so of dating, they began living together. That was when their honeymoon phase ended. They could not go a week without fighting and Kirk ended up spending more time on the couch than his own bed. Every morning he would go to the bathroom and splash water in his face and tell himself, "This is gonna work out. It has to work out, she's my soulmate. Everyone has rough patches." Finally, the day came where they sat down and talked. Jessica explained how neither of them were actually happy in the relationship and if they actually were soulmates, she didn't want one. They sold the house and about a month later, James got in the fight in the bar and joined Star Fleet.
After so many years of trying to find his soulmate, the one person in this world who would care about him and connect with him in ways that no one else could, it was time to give up. Maybe, he just didn't have a soulmate.