Chapter 8- Seeing Through Murky Tides

Reyna 

 I stood unable to stop myself staring at the ghostly figure that lingered in my sights. Her crystalized white eyes remained fixed on mine, as if the direct eye contact abled her to somehow see into my mind, or even worse my soul. She's renown in these areas as a non-perished ghost of a young woman whom died, yet as she stood before me, I saw she was no ghost. She stood in living, breathing infront of me.

The air was cold, but the world around me was icy, and with my ruined gown being my only clothing I felt beyond frozen.  So was the forest around me, I realized, everything was masked in ice.  It finally hit me that she didn't stand on the water of the lake; she was standing on the thick ice blanketing it. The ice on the trees behind her linked making her seem to have angelic fragile wings.  

Her extensive, lengthy snowy hair lingered in waves and curls; it had tinges of magnolia and slivery lavender. It looked wet and matted, but like it had softly formed ringlets. A woven circlet of thorny vines where wrapped around her crown, digging into her skin and drawing blood, dribbles of red ran from her strange eyes, like she had cried blood.  Swirls of black tar decorated the corners of her eyes, but it only made her look more daunting. She was so pale, like a doctor had over bled her while leeches ate at her bad blood. Even her flowing gown was colorless and sheer at the sleeves; the only thing giving it a hint of colour was stains of bloodshed from courses unknown to me.   

"Hello child." Her voice was like the sweet musical tones of a harp or slow piano. "You seem so very lost, my child, are you here to find your way?"

"I-I-I don't know, I mean yes I'm lost but I'm sure someone will come looking for me soon, they wont abandon me." I stumbled.

"A fool flatters himself, a wise man flatters the fool." She snapped, them seemed to cool, "Tsk, tsk A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination, but common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom" She said with unvenomed disapproval.

I gave her a puzzled look, not quite sure what the true meaning of what she said was.

"Everyday, you're in a daze looking for that someone. And everyday, you sit and kneel and pray.  If you go to the one who desert you, will only love temporarily. Those who love too much will never have love at all.  Don't let him leave you in his crowd, for some day when he will see your face he will think that he has won. And some day when it's all away your love just begun. You thought that you, only had the one, so if you preferred the other one, he won't bring you the son. The son will be formed from the seed of one whom dances with wolves not the one whom is himself is cunning and lupine as the wolf he is." Her tone was so serious that it frightened me, what meaning did her words say? I struggled to know.  The talk of wolves made me immediately think of Vincent; soon he will be free of me and the prison of marriage, he will have his Cierra.

"A prudent question is one-half of wisdom." I jumped in surprise, had she read my mine? Or could she so easily guess because my thoughts where so clearly written on my readable face? "Cleverness is not wisdom, be warned think more with you head than anything else, do not be blinded. That is a dark road you'll regret falling into. "

"Does wisdom perhaps appear on the earth as a raven which is inspired by the smell of carrion?" I retorted impatiently. "You're only telling is simply don't taunt the alligator until after you've crossed the creek"

"Then don't follow any advice, no matter how good, until you feel as deeply in your spirit as you think in your mind that the counsel is wise" She grasped my hand tightly, her fingers like ice, "Good nature is worth more than knowledge, more than money, more than honor, to the person who possess it. Remember that always."