Chapter 6-Let the Violin Play

Crisanto 

I sat unamused on the inexpensive lounge that I supposed was meant to look costly and of wealth.  The sitting room must have been designed by womanly force for it was drowned in feminine pink tones. The walls textured peach boarded by white, as was the ceiling. Elusive white lamps peppered the room, and large windows let light pour in when thin curtains where drawn back and draped at the side. A glass-surfaced table was held up by artistic golden legs, matching the large gold threaded rug under it. On top of it was a plain yet elegant snowy tea set.  There two sets of pattered pink, gold-framed chairs paralleled to one another on ether side of the rug.

On the horizontal sides where two lengthy lounges to match the chairs. Karyme and I occupied one facing a painting, Silvan and Reyna the other. I sneered in disgusted as he casually lay on the couch in an ungentlemanly manner, leaning on one side on the armrest, Reyna sat in a ladylike fashion but lean the arm on her side, slightly turned an a angle. She had gone and properly dressed herself, the red and white striped gown was more ladylike and classy, she bothered to pin her hair in a bun.  That fiend prospered himself too, throwing on a crisp white shirt, grey waistcoat and breeches, but the same dirt edged black boots. I frowned in distaste.

The room only held one painting that was kept in the center, it's large golden frame held a delicate portraiture of a nude woman draped in pink sheets, startlingly I recognized the woman as our hostess senorita Abilia Silvan.  Abilia, like her son, seemed to lack etiquette and routine civility. She sat low on her seat next to the second Beilarosa daughter, her arm arrayed above her head. Her vivid pink gown was like overkill to this room. The pinked trim looked like it was zigzagged with a scissor. The bodice is textured and actually has a pattern to it. It looks like it is pleated, and pressed in two directions to get that chevron or zigzag pattern. The fabric held both white and magenta threads. The bodice looked like it is trimmed with mohair. Abilia's hair was like a rat's nest on top of a nest of hair a bird must of made to lay ridiculous white feathers.  She seemed to be thin-faced woman with a boney interior.  Her cheeks were overly reddened, her face overly pale. Her brown eyes seemed stony and hard-lit. Her lips were thin, one kissed by dark rouge.  She had a lean physique; the corset must be pointless on her, like an extra layer with no use. She stared at me in disfavor, not liking a competitor for her son's son-to-be prize and her lifeline to richness.

Lady Alvara Beilarosa and Lord Antoine Beilarosa sat in the seats next to one another.  Lady Alvara stared wide-eyed at her oldest daughter those strange honey tinted eyes. Her black locks pined high on her head in a round globe, leaving to braids on each side.  Lady Alvara had a more filled figure than Abilia, from the look of the youngest daughter, Flor it seemed to be in the gene pool. She wore a frilled decorated mauve gown; the gown's skirt foamed around her in the chair, like a sitting on a soft pillow.

The lord looked more skeletal, he was skin and bones, it made him look sickly, I found myself wondering if the lord was indeed sickened ill. His stringy carroty hair slicked back, and bushy brows clouding sharp blue eyes. He was an intelligent man as far as I could tell, he seemed so.  He wore rich fabrics, exposing his wealth. I wonder, what the price of dowry he has on his daughter? Velvet black coat, over a silk waistcoat and snowy shirt and neck cloth, his dark breeches tucked into shining black boots, I could see my reflection in them fro where I sat.

Flor, sat shyly murmuring to her sister, she seemed taken back at surprise unknown guests. Her dark hair swept up in a brushed bun. She had her mother's eyes too, I observed. For someone that's three years her sisters junior, she was well formed. The sister's did share some similarities, in the fullness of their lips, in the shaping of their thin brows, facial structure; they shared the same pointed chin and oval face, texture to skin; though Reyna was bronzed where Flor was pale.  I'd say Flor defiantly had potencial. She wore a rounded white gown, with small flowered patterns, lots of frills and a big bow on the tight bodice. Looking at what spilled above that tight bodice proved Flor more developed than her older sister.