Chapter 15

"Holy shit."

Everyone stared in shock and awe at Steven, Emmie, Sammy, and I. None of them knew what to do or say except Norman who sat on the couch with a smirk across his face.

"Mhmm, take it all in," Norman muttered. "It's a shocker."

"Okay, okay, let me get this straight," Alanna said, taking a step forward. "Please just tell me that you two did not secretly have two kids together."

"No!" Steven and I said quickly, our voices in unison.

"This is Emmie and Sammy," I said with a shaky and nervous tone. "They're uhh....my foster kids. I've been taking care of them since they both were babies. They're like my own kids."

Silence.

Nobody responded. They all just stared which caused me to be even more nervous. Steven must've noticed, for he shuffled closer to me and took my hand, holding it behind his back so that nobody would notice.

Finally, Emily squealed, "Oh my god they're so cute!" She hurried over and pick Sammy up, both of them smiling at each other brightly.

"Hi," Sammy said to Emily.

Then, people started smiling and saying how cute Emmie and Sammy were along with Emily. Steven set Emmie down on the ground and I leaned down to say, "Go say hi to Norman." I poked at her sides, making her giggle. "Don't be shy, Em."

Emmie nodded and ran over to norman, jumping onto the couch.

"And you didn't think it was important to tell us this?" Andy asked, a small chuckle escaping his lips.

I didn't know how to respond or what even to say. Thankfully, Steven came to my rescue by replying, "It's a long story, and I don't think Lauren necessarily wants to talk about it."

"Are you planning on telling everyone since you told us or what's the plan here?" Andrew continued.

"I'm gonna officially tell everyone at the panel today which starts in-" I was then cut off by the door opening and a man poking his head in.

"We need you all backstage. Your panel starts in five minutes," the man informed us.

Greg hurried us all out of the lounge and down to hallway that led to the the panel stage. Emmie rushed over to me as we walked around backstage.

"Momma!" Emmie reached up to me, signaling that she wants me to pick her up. I did so and she flashed a bright smile towards me.

"Why are you so shy missy?" I asked, laughing a bit.

"Yeah when you first met me you were a sassy little kid," Steven replied, nudging Emmie's shoulder as I held her.

Alanna tapped my shoulder, motioning that it was time to go on stage. I gave her a nod and sat Emmie down in a chair backstage, Sammy coming over. "You guys just stay here while I go out and do an interview thing, okay?" The two of them nodded. "Emmie you hold onto your brothers hand and don't let go. This is a huge place and you don't want to get lost."

"M'kay," Sammy replied. I have them both a smile before all the cast members were called out onto the stage by Chris Hardwick (A/N: Talking dead host).

I did my usual smile a wave to the fans as they all went crazy, screaming out our names. Steven sat down next to me on my left.

As soon as we got settled at the long table on the stage, Chris spoke up. "Hey guys what's up? Is everyone excited for the panel?" The crowed then began to go crazy. "Alright calm down. We're going to get started because we have a lot to talk about."

As usual, Chris went down the table, asking questions. When he finally got me me, I became nervous. Suddenly, I felt Steven's hand take mine from under the table, gently running his thumb over the top of my hand.

"Lauren Cohan, now I think we were all pretty excited when you and Steven last minute announced that you were coming to today's comic con especially 'cause Lauren hasn't been to a comic con in forever. What made you decide so last minute?"

I swallowed and glanced at Steven who gave me a reassuring nod. "Well....there's been a reason for that, and I brought that reason here today, and that's why I'm here actually."

"Do show us," Chris replied.

I breathed in a shaky breath and stood up from my chair, walking backstage to where Emmie and Sammy were sitting. "Hey, you guys wanna meet some people who watch the show I'm on?"

"Yeah!" Sammy replied while Emmie continued to be her shy self. I took the two of their hands and lead them onto the stage. There were immediate gasps and Chris's eyes widened. I sat back down in my chair and pulled Emmie onto my lap, Steven doing the same with Sammy.

"These....are my kids.....well technically they're my foster kids, but I've been taking care of the two of them since they were babies," I said.

Silence took over the room until Chris asked, "What are your names?"

Of course, Sammy was the first to lean forward to Steven's microphone. "Sammy," he said.

"Emmie," Emmie said after Sammy.

"I made the choice to not tell anyone, not even the cast. It may have been the wrong choice, but it was my choice." I took in another deep breath. "And now you guys know."

The silence in the panel room was broken when a fan stood up, clapping their hands together. Then one turned into ten, and ten into hundreds, and hundreds into thousands. Soon enough, the whole panel room was clapping on their feet.

I would never know what made them stand up and clap that day, but it made me feel better about the choices I had made.

"And there's just one more thing," I said. The attention was once again on me, and I turned to face Steven. In a matter of seconds, my hands gently held his face, and I pulled his lips onto mine.

Immediately, a bunch of girls started screaming out with joy as Steven and I kissed, making me smile against Steven's soft lips. Emmie and Sammy looked at each other with disgusted looks on their faces and Norman started yelling, "OHHHH BOOYA!"

Norman got out his phone and ran in front of the table as Steven and I pulled away. Norman then held up his phone to take a picture while Steven pulled his lips back onto mine.

Our secret was out.

A/N
Chapter question: (not related to the story but it goes with my last authors note)What is your name, what country do you live in, and what is something you're really passionate about?? I would love to learn more about my readers, but if you don't feel comfortable answering this question you most certainly don't have to answer it.

You guys are so freaking amazing. I cannot even express how much you guys helped me with all your comments on my last authors note. You all put a huge smile on my face because of your comments. I would especially love to thank rip_caleb_logan_ for what they (I don't know for sure if you are a boy or girl and I don't want to offend you or anything so I'll just say they) said they'll do. They are going to get to meet Lauren and Steven in January and they said that they would show them my whole authors note. I'm not gonna lie, I cried tears of joy because Lauren and Steven will know how much they've done for me. It's just so unbelievable that someone I don't even know well is gonna show my note to Lauren and Steven. I just can't even describe how grateful I am. I seriously like don't deserve something so amazing to happen to me. Thank you so freaking much for what you are doing for me rip_caleb_logan_ !