Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Ellie's Point of View

One Month Later

17 weeks

"Are you sure about this?" Tucker asks waiting to place the finger on my left finger.

"C'mon Tuck, we knew one day that this would happen. Might as well make it now," I tell him sticking out my tongue in a playful way.

"Okay," Tucker mutters sliding the small diamond ring onto my left ring finger. Since that say in the hospital about a month ago, something weird has been between Tucker and me. He refuses to leave my side at work, even when I am home; every second of the day he is texting or calling to see if I am okay, mostly to see if Fetus is okay. I tell him that he doesn't have to worry but he tells me I deserve every one of his worries. "Why are you crying, Wills?

"Because I don't understand why you like me."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, why like the girl that is having a fetus, why like the girl with so many problems? Just why?"

Tucker laughs out for a minute before composing himself. "Why wouldn't I like Ellie Wills? I mean she is the smartest, prettiest, most athletic and hormonal girl I know." I smack his arm before he pulls into his driveway.

Since that day at the hospital, Alex urged for me to move back into my parents at least for a month or so, that way I am under complete 24/7 care. Plus her and Trash are spending a lot of serious adult time together recently. "Walk me home?" I ask sticking my hand out for Tucker to take.

"El, I was going to walk you home no matter what."

"Only because your parents are at my house, and they are the only ones with keys," I comment as we walk to the front door. I open the door to see my father and Mr. Holms braking in the new karaoke machine that Delphine bought for her anniversary. Plugging my ears, I walk into the kitchen to see Delphine and my mother yelling at each other. Their earphones blocking the horrible noise out in the living room but resulting each other to yell at each other.

They didn't even notice us in the room, so Tucker took the opportunity to pull me upstairs to my room. Which has thankfully been placed far enough away from the evil noises downstairs. "What do you want, now?" I ask Tucker as he lays face-down on my bed.

"To sleep peacefully for a few minutes with my girlfriend," Tucker honesty replies as I start to change.

I groan out as the pajama top I got out doesn't fit over my stomach anymore. Even though, I am only seventeen weeks, my abdomen is starting become a little bitter rounder with every passing week. "What am I going to do?" I ask myself shifting through my pajama drawer.

Finally, I find the holy grail of shirts. Because of my recent predicament with clothing, Sage's fiancé Marty has given some of the t-shirts he can't fit. I told him he was a saint for his generis gift but he said he was just helping out his little sister-in-law. Throwing the shirt over my head, I settle in a spot next to a half-asleep Tucker. Flipping the TV on. I watch a sport channel to see my old college playing some other school. Then the face I hate lights up the screen, he is playing basketball. One of the most important players on the team actually. The school's athletic star to say the least.

In my mind, I tell myself that I need to turn him in. That I need to get my justice. Then it all clicks quietly in my mind, "I deserve justice."

--

Last night, Tucker slept over but left early saying he had to leave for the city for some business meeting long with Mr. Holms and some other executives. Silently, I got ready for my day. I gathered all my important information, ready for the day ahead. I had a plan and I am going to see that plan be set into action.

"I'll see you guys later," I tell my mom and Delphine as they rub their sore heads.

"I haven't seen her determined like this in a long time," Delphine comments as I walk out of the door. If only anybody knew what I was about to do. Driving to the local police station, I request to talk our town's Police Commissioner, a special victim's detective and the best persecuting lawyer in our region. "Miss Ellie Wills?" The Police Commissioner, Mr. Wallace, greets. I have only ever seen this man on our local newspapers or from the mouths of my parents. "Mr. Wallace, it is very nice to meet you," I say shaking the fifty-year old man's hand. Filing in after him, is the S.V.U. Detective Franklin and DEA Amanda Thomas. "Why exactly have you called us in today?" Amanda is the first to ask as I respectively meet each other their eyes before speaking.

"I was raped close to eighteen weeks ago," I inform them, standing so they could see my round-ish abdomen where Fetus waits comfortably.

"Why are you only going forward with this now?" Detective Franklin asks.

"This man, Isiah Noels, is the one who raped me. He was my boyfriend at the time; I didn't want it. I said no more than hundred times during it. He threatened me to not go to the police, so I didn't but now I have to." I start to cry a little before continuing, "I don't want to hide from him anymore, and I want to be confident again. I want to be happy."

"There isn't much we can do for you, Miss Wills," Mr. Wallace explains.

"I don't care what happens, but I want to have some sort of justice to happen." I tell them. Amanda informs me that there is things we can do to get the justice I deserve. The Detective wants me to prove the paternity of fetus which I grant and I tell them I have the clothing from that night, not washed and sealed away in a box in the very back of my closet.

"We have a case here," Mr. Wallace informs me.

I thank the three for their time and their help. Amanda says she will start the paperwork while Detective Franklin and his partner are going to start a formal investigation.

--

A week ago, I finally told the authorities and they agreed we had a case. Since then a formal persecution is starting to fall into place, as well as media harassment from all of Isiah Noels' noble fans. Most saying I am a whore who deserves what happened to me, other saying I should lose fetus, some even saying I should kill myself. Because of this the police are placed outside my home to keep media freaks away; this is the most excitement the town has gotten in years.

Which is why I have been practically placed on house arrest. "I hate this," I tell my friends throwing down my cards revealing a full house.

"C'mon El, at least now we are sort of famous. Not in the way we wanted but the media know our names," Alex huff out giving the cards to Trash to shuffle.

"This is not the way I wanted the world to know my name. I wanted to be a famous athlete not the girl who was sexually assaulted by a college athlete." Tucker squeezes his fist in anger before cooling down. Trash notices this before us girls, telling us to change the subject off the obvious for a while. So we let the boys talk about themselves for a while before deciding we have had enough with the damn card for tonight.

Sitting in front of the TV, our usual show is taken off air for breaking news. There on the screen in big letter is 'ISIAH NOELS ADMITTING TO RAPING AT LEAST 3 WOMEN." I scream out loud not at out of any bad emotion but because I have finally gotten my justice. My friends celebrate with me while I get calls from my lawyer and the detective saying that I have finally gotten what I deserved all along.

"Finally," I whisper to myself as I sit back on the couch.