Surprise Visit

You, Ethan, and Grayson had been best friends since you were babies. Your moms had been friends since high school, and you lived two houses away from each other.

When the twins decided to move to LA, you were devastated. You guys had been inseparable before this. They invited you to go with them, but you couldn't because of school. You didn't want them to give up the opportunity, so you went along with it.

-

You had just gotten back from breakfast with your friends.

"Hey mom" you said, setting your wallet down on the counter.

"Hey baby how was breakfast?" she spoke.

"Pretty good" you replied.

"You guys didn't want to hang out after like usual?" she replied, cutting up the strawberries.

"No, everyone had to get home" you said, jumping up and sitting on the counter next to her.

You grabbed a few strawberries and plopped them in my mouth.

"Hey hey I just cut these" she laughed.

You giggled.

You looked down at my phone.

"What is it?" she asked.

"Nothing. I was just texting Grayson and Ethan about them coming in next week and they stopped responding" you shrugged.

"Oh! That reminds me! A package came for you! I left it on the back porch" she smiled, pointing outside.

"A package? I didn't order anything though?" you responded, sliding off the counter and walking towards the back porch door.

You opened the door.

What you saw wasn't a package.

It was Ethan and Grayson, making funny faces towards you.

"DOLANS" you shouted as you ran to them.

They engulfed you into a giant hug.

You began to cry softly as soon as you felt their arms wrap around you.

"Don't cry" Ethan whispered as he rubbed my back.

You kept your arms wrapped tightly around both of their torsos. You cried softly for a few moments.

"What are you guys doing here? You weren't supposed to come until next week?" you asked as you pulled back, looking at both of them. You were holding both their hands slightly.

"We wanted to surprise you" Grayson smiled.

You smiled back as Ethan whipped a tear off of you cheek.

"I missed you so much" you said hugging them again.

"We missed you too" they said, hugging you tight.

"Come on kiddos. Come on in" your mom said as she opened the door smiling, waving everyone inside.

God it was good to have them back.