[1] A Perfect Nightmare.

I'd suggest listening to the song on the side as you read :) It really sets the mood and is one of my favorites from the movie 'Anastasia' ^_~

Also, this story is registered with All Rights Reserved on "MyFreeCopyrights"... Meaning my writing and ideas are protected under law. 

Please read/ comment/ vote... Its means ALOT to me!!

Merci, in advance!

---------------------------

“Look at you. So beautiful. So perfect.” The man, whom I grew aware to be Mr. Lombard said, holding me by my porcelain-like chin and pulling me uncomfortably closer.

He was right, I was a faerie; bound to live as a faultless being in my appearance. I emanated beauty; my scent always smelled of flowers, I never sweat.

But veneers are but veneers right? Because inside I was slowly dying.

There was nothing pure about my mind, now poisoned by the reminiscences of the pain and torment they’ve plagued me with. There was nothing striking about my Penumbra, a fading heart, now only filled with the one intent of escaping, no longer yearning to dance in blossom fields as I did before until sunset.

I sought to merely survive.

 “You are strange aren’t you, your wings are translucent when well, glass when broken, and yet can heal themselves.” I panted, my eyes closed tightly, trying to hold my tears of rain water in as he studied my wings again, squeezing them between his fingers, allowing their translucence to fade into an ill gray.

“Sir,” Another lab-coat said. He was a scrawny guy who stood near the large rapidly-beeping machine. “Her penumbra’s fading. I think it’s time she rests.” His voice shook, afraid to tell the man before me what to do.

The man before me ignored, pressing my wings harder, madness in his eyes. I let out a sharp scream. It was all too much. A menacing pain shot through my body and my penumbra began to pulsate.

“Mr. Lombard! Sir, if you don’t leave her to rest she’ll die!” Urgency quivered in his every word and I knew it was true. Things became hazy and Mr. Lombard let go of me abruptly, sending my body thrashing onto the cold metal table. I groaned again, this time at the sound of my wings shattering, and then the sharp pain of them putting themselves back together.

Tears flooded my, already fading, vision and Mr. Lombard walked out, his polished shoes clicking against the cement floor. The man near the machine rushed to my side, helping me up and injecting me with more of the toxic poisons I despised. I began to whimper in protest, no longer in possession of the energy to speak in full sentences.

I sobbed as I felt the stinging liquid trickle through my veins, my head hung low; but soon my adrenaline came rushing back.

“No!” I managed to spit out, taking the needle out from my arm and flinging it across the room to hit the glass wall, managing to crack it a bit.

But just not enough.

I was trapped here and I knew it.

My wings had lost the ability to fly and these groups of men held too much strength for me to even face.

“Now, Aleda, this is simple protocol. Besides, you remember what happened last time when you misbehaved.” He sighed as he stooped to pick up the needle once more. I cringed at the name they’d given me. “We don’t want Mr. Lombard finding out.”

I stopped, realizing how nice he was being to me in comparison to the other lab-coats.

 I should be grateful; to them I was worthless.

 I’d find my way out. But for now, I could spare myself the torture.

He gripped my arm once more and injected the needle, waiting until I was too woozy for defiance, and then placed me into my cage gently.