Chapter Eight

Shay

Leandria Johnson blasted through the speakers of my car as I drove to my sister's house. It slipped my mind that I had to go and pick up Tara Friday evening. I knew she was going to be pissed off but I honestly had forgot. It wasn't like I didn't want the girl to come.

I pulled up on the curve and cut off the ignition, grabbing my purse before I got out. I walked up to the front door and knocked three times before I waited for somebody to answer. A little while later the door swung open to reveal a short stubby man in a pair of blue jeans and a stained shirt. I looked down at him as I spoke.

"Umh is Jeana here?"

"Who's asking?"

"Uh her sister." I responded.

"C'mon in." He said as he moved aside for me to enter.

I looked around the house at the mess and the smell only added to my look of disgust.

"Jeana!" He called as he walked through the kitchen stepping over the broom and cups that was in the floor.

"What Chris damn" I heard Jeana yell back as she walked down the stairs scratching her head through the pink bonnet she wore.

When she reached the bottom of the stairs and saw me standing in the living room, her attitude got even worse.

"What the hell are you doing here Shay?"

"I came to get Tara."

"You was suppose to come Friday."

"I know but it slipped my mind Jeana. I had a meeting that same day."

"The meeting didn't last all night Shay damn! "

"I said I forgot. Now I didn't come over here to argue with you, especially not for you to try and put on for your little audience. " I said as I directed my attention to the midget in the kitchen who was all ears.

"If you would've showed up like planned we wouldn't be arguing."

"If you knew I hadn't showed up on time you should've called to remind me!"

"I aint finna chase nobody to keep my child!"

"Tell her baby." I heard Chris try and put his two cents in.

"Look lil bitty bitch! I suggest you pipe down back there cause the last thing you want to do is piss me off. Hell, don't you have something to do? Some beds to crawl up under? Shit. we don't need a damn hype man in this bitch!" I said as I turned in his direction.

"You're not about to come up in here disrespecting my company Shay?"

"When your company steps up to my level, then I'll think about it. I got heels taller than his little ass."

"I don't have time for this Shay!"

"I don't either now I came over here to get Tara, I didn't come over here for this bullshit. Either you gone let her come or not?"

After the question rolled across my lips, Tara came jogging down the stairs.

"Hey Tara." I said in her direction.

"Hey auntie, what happened to you the other day?"

"I forgot baby, I got caught up in my work but thats why I'm here today to make it up to you."

She looked at her mother before she gave me an answer.

"Can I go?"

"I dont care Tara."