With a heavy sigh, I stepped away, my hand falling from the piano. I gave it a final sad look and then walked away, my body turning into itself with desolation. My steps were slow and heavy as I walked to my bedroom.

The lights were off, except for the tiny lamp on my nightstand. Closing the door behind me, I leaned against it with a sigh and then shut my eyes tiredly.

After a few minutes of staying immobile, I opened my eyes and stepped away from the door, walking deeper into my room.

While talking with Lena, I also found out that I was the only maid that didn't live in the maid quarters. We were both surprised and shocked but could I really question the Alessio's decision? The freaking Russian Mafia Boss. I didn't think so.

I started to undress, slowly removing my dress, my body languid. Throwing the black dress on the nightstand, I reached blindly for my night shirt on the bed.

Just when I was about to put it on, I heard a deep rough voice coming from behind me.

"I have to say, you have a lovely body."

I shrieked loudly and swiveled around quickly towards the voice. I tried to focus on the intruder but he was effortlessly hidden in the darkness.

But I didn't have to see him to know who it was.

I knew that voice. My body knew that voice.

Alessio.

I took a step back in fear, my night shirt pressed against my body, hiding my nakedness from his eyes. Shaking from head to toe, I swallowed hard and my stomach started to cramp. In fear. In anticipation.

Suddenly, the lights were on. I had to blink a few times, having a hard time to adjust to the sudden light.

When I finally could see, my body froze on the spot. Alessio was sitting in my sofa chair, leaning back comfortably. His left ankle crossed on top of his right knee and there was a small remote in his hand, which he probably used to turn on the lights.

He wasn't wearing a suit. But he did have his black slacks on and a white linen shirt, which was unbuttoned at the top, showing some of his chest.

Hard muscular chest, I thought. My eyes widened and I gave my head a quick shake. What the hell, Ayla?

Keeping my eyes on him, I saw that his gaze was intensely focus on my body. There was no embarrassment. No awkwardness. Alessio was completely calm and confident as his eyes raked over my body.

"Hmm," he muttered, looking thoughtful, as he openly continued eyeing me from head to toe.

He leaned back against the sofa. His muscles were protruding from under his shirt, making him look big.

I forced myself not to fidget but it was hard. I couldn't show fear. Men like him fed on fear. They used it as their advantage.

My fingers tightened around my shirt and I swallowed hard against the heavy lump in my throat. I started to feel light headed, and then quickly realized that I had been holding my breath for too long.

I let it out in a loud whoosh and then sucked in a deep breath again, thinking that it would calm the tremors coming from my body. But it was pointless.

His heated gaze traveled all the way through my body and I was speechless. When my body started to warm up under his focus, I closed my eyes tightly. But the tingling didn't stop.

Licking my lips nervously, I opened my eyes again to see him standing up. My eyes widened and I took another step back.

As he walked towards me, I shrunk away. His dark presence filled the room, and I suddenly felt hot. Sweat formed over my neck and between my breast as he continued to move closer.