Chapter 4

Alessio

I was leaning back on my sofa chair, head tilted towards the ceiling, my eyes closed when I heard the door open. I knew who it was without opening my eyes. Only one person would dare come into my room without permission.

Slowly opening my eyes, I caught sight of Viktor strolling in. He closed the door behind him, leaned against it and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"Seriously?" he asked as he stared at me, his face expressionless.

"I need a full background check on Ayla Blinov," I fired back without answering his question. I knew what he was talking about but I had to desire to discuss that matter. It was none of his business, who I decided to keep or not.

I stood up and walked over to the small bar. "I'm sure her last name is not Blinov but I still want a check, in case you find something."

After pouring some whiskey in two glasses, I turned around to see Viktor walking towards me. He took a glass from my hand and sipped slowly.

We both stared at each other, the air tensed around us. When his glass was empty, he placed it on the bar and turned back towards me.

"What are you planning, Alessio?" he asked, giving me a strange look. I shrugged and felt my lips moving upwards.

"Why do you think I'm planning something?"

Viktor scoffed and shook his head. "Because you never do anything without a plan. The girl trespassed and you are keeping her. Sounds like a plan to me." He paused for a second and then asked slowly, "Is she a rat? Is that why you are keeping her? To know who she's working with?"

Shaking my head, I glared at him. If it was someone else questioning my decision, they would be on the ground, writhing in pain. But that was Viktor. My second in command.

Viktor and I were born 2 weeks apart. His father was my father's second in command. When I took over, it was never a question that he was going to be my second. From the first step, we had been together. But most importantly, he was my brother. Viktor was the only one who I trusted fully.

"Do you really think I would keep her, if she was a rat?" I asked through gritted teeth. He got on my nerves sometimes.

He shrugged nonchalantly again. "Anything is possible with you. Why are you keeping her anyways?"

"None of your business. Do as you're told," I responded harshly.

Viktor nodded and stepped away from the bar. "I'll let you know what I find."

Nodding his way, I turned towards the large windows, dismissing him. I heard his feet shuffled and then the door was closed.

I looked down at the glass in my hand, as I moved it around my fingers.

"Let's see what we get about you, kitten," I whispered as I brought the glass to my lips.

I was intrigued. My body was coursing with excitement.

Excitement because, I was slowly going to uncover her. Layers by layers until I knew everything. Every last detail. And when I was done, I was going to devour her until nothing was left.

***

A few minutes later, I was still standing in front of the large windows that looked down the majestic back garden of the Estate. My phone rang in my pocket and I quickly took it out, answering the call without looking.

"What?" I barked.

"There's nothing on her," Viktor's voice came through the speaker. My hands tightened around the phone and I felt myself smile.