3| Options

You see, the thing is that when you sit by yourself and don't really talk to anyone you become a target.

What I'm trying to say is, sometimes sitting by myself means I want to stay that way or it means I'm too shy to talk to others. It does not mean I want to be bullied by others.

I want to speak to people but I'm just too shy. It seems that it's easy to make conversations with my others classmates but they all seem to have their own groups of friends.

"Hey" a girl says "why don't you come joins us?" She asks.

"Um sure" I reply and go with them. Even though I'm surrounded by people I still feel left out. Everyone knows each other and I don't really know what to say, which is really frustrating.

They continue their conversation talking about typical girl stuff, and they still haven't noticed me.

With a sigh, I excuse myself while grabbing my stuff and leave the table. It's no use to be there if I can't relate to the conversation.

As I stand up, I look around me and for a moment I panic, if I don't seat with someone, where am I supposed to seat?

Right now I have two options. Option number one is to stay with the group and discreetly read. Option number two is standing up, which in most cases gets everyone's attention, and leaving to find another place.

The dilemma ends when I hear the bell right, and I have to go to my next class.

Since it's still the first day, we are still introducing ourselves.

My thoughts are interrupted when it is my turn to speak up. Before getting up, I clear my throat and wipe my hands on my jeans. "Hi everyone." I say trying to keep my voice from breaking. "My name is Felicity and this is my first year here." As I introduce myself my heart keeps pounding louder and louder, until it feels like it's going to burst out of my chest.

As soon as I sit down, I take in a deep breath and try to calm myself down. It's okay Felicity, a few more periods and the day will be over.

***
Hey everyone, I am truly sorry towards the people that read this book because I haven't updated in a while.

I would like to dedicate this chapter to careless34 who never gave up on me or my book. Your words will forever be on my heart.

Happy reading!
Felicity