2| First day of school

My morning alarms blares loudly waking me up. As I turn it off I let out a long groan. Today it's the first day of school, I have to get ready.

My feet touch the cold floor as I walk towards the closet almost tripping on my way there. Once I reach the closet safely, I turn on the light and start examining my options.

Normally I don't really care about what I wear, but others pay too much attention and make a big deal when it comes to the first day of school.In the end I get my blue jeans, a white shirt and my converse. Nothing too fancy.

After washing my face I look in the mirror in the mirror for a few seconds and the next question comes up....Should I wear makeup?

Since I'm not really big on makeup, I just put some lipstick and mascara on, as for my hair, I go for the easiest route, putting my hair in a bun.

As I exit the bathroom I hear my mother downstairs saying to hurry up so I quickly run to the closet and grab my backpack, running down the stairs.

"Your dad is waiting on the car" my mother says as she makes lunch.

"Okay, I'll see you later" I say as I walk out the door.

After closing the door I stare at the car for a few seconds and take a deep breath trying to calm my fastened heartbeat.

Once I'm calm enough, I hurry and get in the car.

Here we go.

The drive to school is silent and I keep fidgeting my fingers. By the time I know it, we've reached the front of the school. My dad parks and wishes me a good first day of school. Yay! How exciting.

As I enter the school I hold on to my backpack tightly, looking at the halls and cafeteria that are crowded with people.

Some are talking, others are yelling, others are hugging each other like lost friends. Anyway, you get the picture.

I try to make my way through the hallway and into the cafeteria which is really hard because there's people everywhere. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a dark corner and walk towards it. This is my perfect spot. I sit there and take out my book.

Some people look at me but they mostly ignore me, and to be honest I'm way too nervous to talk to anyone. They are probably wondering why I'm not talking to anyone.

The bell rings and I take out my schedule to see where I'm supposed to be for my first period class.

As I walk to class I keep looking around. It seems like everyone knows each other and I can already see them forming their group of friends.

I sit at the back of the class. At least for today I will just watch my environment. I will be a shadow lurking in the darkness, silently moving, hiding from the light.