Power

A few days later

Everybody's so stressed, if it wasn't for Jasper we would be going insane. It's times like these where I wish people could read my mind. But they can't. It's all because of the power that I have. I'm not even sure that I have this power, I haven't used it. I don't even know how to use it.

The Cullens are doing their best, but you can tell that they're starving. Their eyes are black they barely smile anymore. Bella has gotten skinnier and skinnier but her stomach has grown. It's like the baby is eating her from the inside. The Cullens made a plan and tonight they were going hunting. Seth and Leah were out in the woods guarding the house.

After everything was decided and everyone knew what to do Carlise, Esmee, Emmet and Jasper left the house. Jacob and I were on the smaller couch, I was cuddled into Jacob's side. We were all very tired, we hadn't slept in days. No matter how many time Jacob told me to go home I didn't, I didn't want to leave him.

Right now all that Bella could drink was blood. It was kind of gross seeing her drink human blood. Rosalie was really excited, I think it's mainly because she can't have a baby herself. It's kind of sad when you think about it, having to live forever without a child.

The only reason why Jacob is still here and protecting Bella is because he cares for her. I mean they've been friends for a long time and he told me that after he imprinted on me he started seeing Bella as a sister.

"Hey Rose can you help me?" Bella asked. She probably had to go to the bathroom.

"Sure." Rosalie rushed to her side helping her up. As they were walking towards the bathroom we started
hearing a weird cracking sound. Bella's ribs were breaking one by one. She started throwing up blood. Edward ran to her picked her up and took her to the room where she was supposed to deliver the baby. I think it was time, the baby wanted to get out.

They didn't have enough time to let the morphine work they had to cut the baby out. Edward cut Bella open and took the baby out of her. Bella held the baby for a second before Edward gave the baby to Rosalie, who then left. Bella was dying we all knew it. Edward put his venom directly into her heart but her heart was beating too slowly, it wasn't pumping the blood fast enough. I closed my eyes and focused, maybe I could do something about it. I could hear her heartbeat increase slightly and then her you could start to see some changes in her skin. All of the sudden we all heard a loud noise.

We ran outside and saw Sam's pack all in their wolf form. Edward ran outside to where his family stood. Rosalie was inside, I was still standing in the living room with Jacob. He looked outside and then looked at me. He came closer and took my hands.

"Avery, I need you to stay inside, please." He said and pecked my lips.

He ran outside, the others were already fighting. He was about to phase when I ran outside. My heart started beating faster and my vision got blurry. It's like I could feel all the pain everyone was feeling.

"STOP" I yelled. Everyone stopped what they were doing and turned to me. Jacob ran to my side and that's the last thing I remember before blacking out.

3rd person POV

Billy knew something was wrong, he could feel it. He knew about everything that has been going on. He decided he would check on Jacob and the rest to see how they're doing. He went over to the phone and called the Cullens. After ringing twice Carlise picked up.

"Hey it's Billy Black, I just wanted to know if everything was alright. It just feels like something's not right."

Carlise told Billy everything that happened, about Bella giving birth, the fight, Avery fainting. The thing is after she yelled everyone stopped. They would usually keep going, but they couldn't do it. Something or someone was stopping them.

"We really need your help, Billy. I'll send someone to come pick you up."

"Thanks, I'll be waiting."

Carlise sent Alice to pick Billy up along with Jasper. The wolves from Sam's pack were all waiting outside. When Billy arrived, he told everyone to get inside. Once everyone was inside, he told them everything he told Avery. He also told them that the reason why Avery fainted is because she was using too much power and didn't know how to control it. Suddenly they saw Carlise coming down the stairs. Shortly after Avery and Jacob came downstairs holding hands. Even though Carlise and Jacob were upstairs they heard everything.

Avery POV

I opened my eyes and saw that I was inside the guestroom in the Cullen's house. Jacob was sitting on a chair next to me and Carlise stood in the back of the room. As soon he saw I was awake he rushed over to me and checked if I was okay. As soon as he saw that I was fine he left the room.

"Thank god you're ok, you scared the hell out of me." Jacob said pulling me into a hug.

"Jake, I'm fine, there's nothing to worry about." I mumbled into his shoulder. He let go of me and looked into my eyes.

"Look, I know everything, the rest do too. My dad told them everything."

"So what exactly happened?" I asked.

"Well I was about to go fight when you came outside and then you yelled 'stop'. You collapsed onto the ground. You were using too much power and because you didn't know how to use it, you fainted. If you hadn't fainted you might have killed yourself." He took my hand.

"I don't know what I would've done without you. Avery, I love you." He said, I couldn't even describe what I felt. Even though he's said those words to me before, it still makes me feel like I'm the luckiest girl in this world.

"I love you too." We both leaned in and started kissing. Kissing Jacob was the best feeling in the world. He makes me feel like I'm on cloud nine. Like this is all just some perfect dream and that I'll wake up and be back in California again all by myself.

"We should probably go downstairs." I said pulling away. Jacob took my hand and pulled me up. We were walking down the stairs and then I noticed that everyone was here.
As soon as they saw me the ran to me and gave me a group hug. They were squishing me.

"Guys, I can't breathe." I said trying to push them away.

"You're ok. Do you have any idea how bad you scared us?" Seth said and pulled me into a hug.

"Guys, honestly, I'm fine." I said.

"We should probably go, let's go guys." Sam said. Everyone came up to me one by one and hugged me goodbye.

"We should probably go too." I said looking at Jacob.

"Avery, you have no idea how thankful I am. You saved everyone's life today, including Bella's. Thank you." Edward said.

"You're welcome." I said and smiled. He pulled me into a hug and as soon as he pulled Alice tackled me in a hug. They all gave me a hug and thanked me. Unlike the pack they were all cold. So I was happy when I was back in Jacob's arms. Sam had taken Billy home so now it was just Jacob and I driving home.
When we got to my house I went into the bathroom and took a shower. When I got out I got dressed into my pj's and went back into my room. Jacob was on the bed shirtless and asleep. I got into bed next to him cuddling up into his side, he put his arm around my waist and pulled me closer. After that I drifted off into a dreamless sleep.