Chapter 28

'Sleeeeeep, I want to sleeeeeeep.' I moaned, as I was awoken by a sharp rapping on my win-, wait, who the hell was at my window?! I shot up out of bed, looked down to realise I wasn't appropriately dressed, I scrambled around my bedroom trying to find pieces of clothing.

'Are you awake? Open the damn door!' A voice whispered, damn, it was the boys.

'If you wanna see me naked, then go ahead, come right on in!' I said, sarcastically. I heard the latch click and my window creek open, I slammed my hand into the air and with my magic, the window shut with a snap.

'Hey!' I heard a cry, sounded like Reid.

'I was joking, you idiots!'

'Are you dressed?'

'Give me two seconds.' I sped around my room picking up all my dirty laundry, and dumped it into the Shute to be washed. I quickly brushed my hair and sat on my bed.

'Alright, come on in.' I waved my hand and the window opened.

'Jesus, how long does it take you to get ready?' Reid said.

'Well maybe if you give me warning when you drop by for a social visit, I'll be ready.' I snapped.

'We just wanted to check on you, since you, you know.' Pogue nodded. I got what he meant.

'Since I went crazy whilst ascending? Yeah, I know. I'm fine, look, still here. Can you guys go please? It's late, and I should be resting.'

'Grumpy bitch.' Reid commented. I flared up, truth was I wasn't coping, after ascending I've noticed how increased my temper had become. I guess what I did next was unforgivable. I could feel my power throwing through my body, as it radiated and gave of a strong field of pure energy.

'Leave. Now.' I said, my teeth gritted. Pogue and Caleb noticed what was happening to me, and backed away. I couldn't control what I was feeling, it was hot and boiling inside of me, the power I mean. My fury had taken over and was in complete control. Before I knew it, Reid was on the floor holding his head, a piercing sound echoed the space inside his head. I couldn't stop, Tyler reached for me and tried to get me to stop, he shook me and finally, he had to slap me. I pulled out of what seemed like hell for me, and looked down at what I had done. Pogue pulled Reid up and looked at me, he looked disappointed in me. I lowered my eyes.

'Please, just go. I don't want you to see me like this.' I whispered, I heard a shuffling of feet and then my window closing behind me. They were gone, I'd driven my only friends away. I sighed and curled up into a ball in my covers. I just wanted the bed to swallow me whole and never let me out of its grip, I wanted to succumb to the darkness.