A muscular man came up behind me touching my waist purposely before moving to the side to sign out. "My bad sweetheart excuse me." He was a dark skin but that smile put you in a trance. He had a busted lip and two small bandages across his eyebrow.

"Your okay, hope the services were to your liking." He flashed that smile again then nodded.

"Would've been better if you were my help, what's your name?"

"Brianna, you?"

"Torrence, Torrence Jones."

We shook hands slowly and I nodded returning a smile. "Pleasure to meet you Mr.Jones."

"Pleasures all mines Brianna." He smirked and I narrowed my eyebrows. I got a tight feeling in my stomach and something in my told me to walk away, this ain't feel right. I said bye to Sabrina who was throwing herself into her work before walking away.

••

Work was hectic and I couldn't wait to get home and cuddle with my baby. When I got to the house his car was there and the door was wide open. I pulled out my tazer and slowly walked inside. Jason's stupid ass was sitting right there on the couch with one of his boys.

"What The Hell Ja, why the door wide open?"

"Cause I wanted it to be the fuck? Is there a problem?" His buddy laughed and so did he looking at him. "Come in my house tryna jap on me." He got up and went to the kitchen and I followed. "D come by?"

"Nope, told you he tryna play me I ain't worried though."

I hugged him from behind and then stepped back massaging his shoulders. "Give him a minute baby he gone confess ight."

"Yeah whatever." He hunched his shoulders and I stepped back smacking his head. "Keep your hands to yourself Bri before I fuck you up." I rolled my eyes and walked out the kitchen to his buddy laughing.

I shook my head in disbelief "Somebody come in a shoot y'all stupid asses then see if it's funny then." I said stomping up the stairs.

This nigga just killed my whole fucking day with his stupid ass. I changed from my work clothes and left back out the door.

"Were you going?" Jason yelled while I walked out.

"Nun of yo got damn business." I said to myself. Mainly cause I knew better. This wouldn't be the first time I got jacked up outside. I'm starting to think our neighbors scared of this nigga too cause they never call the damn police. I mean I would deny every damn thing but still. No type of help in this neighborhood even though it was a not so ghetto one.

I hoped in his Audi and drove off. I was just going to ride around mainly cause he was already working my nerves.

I drove down the street were I seen a couple of Jason's boys. They flagged me down thinking I'm him.

"Wassup Ja- My bad Bri I thought you was Jason." David said coming to the window.

"Nah he at home cool, why whats wrong?"

"Nothing I just gotta tell him something important."

"You finally gone tell him yall lost a bag?"

"How you know about that?"

"You really think Jason don't know? I mean I know he act stupid but when It comes to his business and family he not trust me."

"Damn so he already know ... Shit, what imma do."

"How's about you tell him, trust me if he wanted to kill you he would have had yo head already just tell him, he trust you, well he might, but he waiting on you or some damn body to say something. He at home better get going." I said putting my glasses back on and rolling the window up, blasting music.

"Wait ..."

I couldn't here the rest of what he was saying so I took off.

J O J O

Class is boring I'm just ready to go home so my daddy could take me to see my momma. When the bell rung it was my lunch period so I made my way to the cafeteria. I got my lunch then bought what I was really gonna eat. My bestfriend, Ja'Nae, came and sat at my table with Jacob my right hand and some other girls she was cool with but we paid no attention to.

"Aye my boys, wasup."

"Wassup." We said in unison.

"Nothing ready to go already."

"Same, I'm bored as hell." I announced pushing the tray to the side.

"How's it with your momma?"

"She ight I guess. But you know her strung out I hate her so-"

"Aye don't say that you know I don't have a mother so for you to say that hurts me. Don't do her like that she cant help it anymore."

Nae was right I shouldn't have said that in front of her considering that her mother and father are both dead. She said she remember everything about them, and wishes she could see them just one more time. As for her brother? She never really talks about him. Even thought my mother wasn't dead it felt like it. We were in the same hole trying to get out.

"Im sorry .. Seriously, I didn't mean to offend you Nae."

I could tell she was upset because of the way she was looking and poking her food. I got up from the table and went to the outside were most of the better looking kids ate. It didn't matter thoe cause everybody knew me. I was cool with everybody unless you pissed me off. My temper was just as bad as my fathers.

J A S O N

After Robin left I just sat there on the couch thinking about what them niggas thought I didn't know. I wasn't gone say shit though cause if they were/are as real as I think, they gone step up. Just as I though about it David ass pull up in my driveway.

I really didn't want to false kick it with him so I went out on the porch not even giving him a chance to come inside and get comfortable. My temper may have been set for the last couple days but I'm almost at a breaking point and I really don't wanna bury another Bestfriend. "Aye Jason wassup with you." He asked walking up the couple of stairs dapping me up. I nodded looking around my house that was spaced out from the rest in my quiet area. Trying not to keep a long eye contact with him and hear the bullshit.

"Nothing you" was all I managed.

"Aye look I gotta tell you something bro."

"Wassup?"

Was he finna tell me about the bag? Or was his ass still gone sit here and lie to my face? I didn't even know. Usually I could read these niggas like a book but right now I ain't know what the hell he was thinking. This lien shit wasn't for me cause I wasn't feeling it, I wanted to fire his ass so bad cause he was my homie and we never kept a thing from one another, part of this was Logan's fault to but D was leader and if he was gone let Lo and everyone else walk over him cause he a youngin' then it was time he got to stepping. I pushed that thought out my head and zoned out at the shit he was ranting on before he got down to what he had to "tell" me.

"Nigga just get to the point, shit." My face read everything and at this moment he knew I knew but I still wanted the info from the source.

Soon as he was about to speak a black truck pulled up and starting shooting at us. We both dropped .. Then My life flashed Before my eyes.

God please don't let me be dead

(David Langum x Michael B. Jordan)
-Dee💙