"You little rascal!" He exclaimed, my sharp teeth nicking his ear the slightest bit. I could hear his amusement though and made sure to lick the small wound I created to stimulate healing.

I guess it wasn't the only thing I was stimulating as Anders shivered beneath my paws. Tilting my head slightly, I made sure to flatten my raspy tongue and lick his throat one last time before I was yanked in his hands.

"Good to know you're a little tease, Benjamin. " He whispered while scratching my chin, making me purr and squirm in his hold before he lifted me closer so his lips brushed my fuzzy ear.

"I'll make sure to repay the favor tonight."

I shivered and let out a small meow, making Anders chuckle before he lead everyone back to camp. But even I could feel the tension in the air, could see the calculating looks passed between the inmates as they looked to out exchange and the new inhabitants.

They were looking for a sign of weakness they could exploit and judging from the way their gazes were fixed on Elijah and I, they were up to no good. Mates were the ideal way to get to the dominant male in the relationship.

Get your hand on their usually weaker counterpart and you'd have a bargaining chip of a lifetime. And that's just what these men saw in us. Bargaining chips to be used in their little plans, a means to an end.

---Anders' POV---

Even as I held my back turned to the inmates, I knew whom I needed to watch out for. Already several of the men were testing the boundaries, trying to see if I had grown soft and weak.

Unlike them, I wasn't bound to this island. Due to my demonic heritage, I was able to create portals to other parts of the world. I could leave this island whenever and for how long I wished. Some of the inmates knew this, knew that if they could hold something against me, I was their ticket off this island.

And they were going to try and use my little Benji to do so. I scoffed slightly, fingers brushing through the velvety soft fur of my mate. A pleased smile slipped on my lips as I felt the vibrations of his purr through my fingertips, the little feline all but curling around my hand.

My eyes landed on the polar bear walking beside me, who had been very quick to claim and display his dominance on the island. As soon as one of the inmates had been in reach, the man didn't even bat an eye as he yanked the man closer and snatched his shirt off.

For a moment, the inmate had been more than confused and scared as the polar bear sneered in his face before tugging the shirt over his mate's head. Obviously Vane didn't like Elijah being on full display around these men.

Come to think of it, I would kill anyone for laying an eye on Benjamin if he were naked, so I knew what Vane was thinking.

If this keeps up, the population on this island is going to decrease drastically.

I knew we, meaning Vane, Elijah and I, needed to talk about what happened and how they got here but my attention was being drawn to my little mate. Usually after the initial bond was forged between mates, they would consume the relationship instantly, bonding as they lived secluded for several days until the mating bond had settled down.

We never had the chance to do so and already I could feel my body starting to strain. Benji's tantalizing scent swirled around me with every breath I took, my throat felt parched and ached for a sip of his delicious blood. As if on cue, my shaft throbbed and filled out as I remembered this morning and the moment those inmates barged in when I was about ready to claim my mate.

Shit, this isn't the time to walk around with a throbbing erection! But even still, my little mate had no idea as he rubbed against me, meowing softly as he did. If he wasn't going to be careful, I would ignore everyone around us, force him to shift and claim him where he stood.

For now, I managed to focus on providing Vane and his mate with shelter and offered them the spare room in the house. In the few minutes that I talked to the polar bear, I could feel my inner vampire and demon joining forces as they fought for control.

I needed my mate, I needed him right now. Already I could feel my gums throbbing as my fangs lengthened, I could feel the strain on my muscles as they locked into place. As I left Vane and Elijah to settle and calm in their room, I spotted the naked behind of my little mate scampering into the bathroom.

Instantly my fangs pierced my bottom lip and I had no control over my body as I vaporized and reappeared in the bathroom, silently locking the door. Little Benji had no idea as he stood in the spray of the shower.

Head tilted back as water trailed over his delectable body, water drops catching on the faint muscles... It was a seductive view, one that made me shiver and let out a low snarl before my chest was pressing against Benjamin's back, trapping my mate against the cool tiles.

"Anders!" He gasped as I yanked his head back and inhaled his scent deeply. My mate was shivering, standing on shaking legs as my clothes disappeared until nothing was separating me from his delicious skin.

I couldn't hold back anymore. Unless Benjamin would protest, I was going to devour him inch by delectable inch.