Chapter Twelve: What, Gay?

Start from the beginning

"Well I could have told you that." I rolled my eyes, prompting him to do the same back to me.

We sat in silence for another few moments until Symon let out a sigh. "You're mates aren't you?"

My head snapped up at his words. How the fuck did he figure that out. I didn't tell anyone. And Silas only figured it out today by his reaction at my front door.- the slow basatrd. Another reason I wont mate with him. He's to stupid- As if seeing the question in my eyes Symon lowered his "The way he kept looking at you today. Plus a couple of days ago when he went to the city. Or we thought he did. You seemed worried, you were pacing and muttering to yourself. I kind of put it together. I mean I could be wrong. But I'm pretty sure I'm not." He went on fiddling with the zipper on his sweater.

"It's really none of your business." I spat making him flinch back "What goes on in our lives is nothing to you. I'm nothing to you. Just like Silas is and will always be nothing to me. Do you understand?" He nodded his head franticly before jumping up and leaving the room.

I felt that odd sensation in the pit of my stomach again, feelings trying to push there way up into my head. I swallowed them down before continuing my work. Trying my best to get the scared look on Symon's face out of my mind.

______

I sat in my bedroom that night, playing GTA on the PS3 before bed when I heard a knocking on my door. I groaned as I ran into a wall and the cops surrounded to car I was driving.

Throwing the controller I called Jeremy into the room. Knowing he's the only one who would be knocking at my door. Especially at eleven at night. He opened the door and stood at the thresh-hold, as if waiting for me to invite him in. When I didn't he just sighed and nodded before leaning on the frame.

"Silas came over today." He started. I froze for a moment, but knew no matter how stupid Silas was, he wasn't stupid enough to tell my father we were mates when I hadn't even acknowledged it. "He said they're going to look into your mothers case as a murder. That it was pretty much your idea."

"It wasn't my idea. I knew she was murdered but I didn't tell him to open the case I just told him that she was the first one killed by these people. That we know of." I shrugged and laid on my bed with my arms behind my head. "Why do you care Jeremy? It's not like it would make a difference in your life. She's already dead."

"Darren do you honestly think I didn't care for her? I spent every day with her, and every day mourning her when she died. I couldn't take care of you Darren. There was no way in hell I could of raised you without her." He yelled, the anger in his voiced spilled with pain. It almost made me feel bad for him. Almost.

"I really don't care." I said calming closing my eyes. I heard a growl before I felt his hands at my collar, lifting me up and then pinning me to the wall. My eyes snapped open the look at Jeremy now yellow eyes, He seethed in anger before slamming me into the wall again.

"I loved her!" He growled before throwing me onto the floor. "You didn't even know her! You never got to see her genuine smile, her laugh. And I will never hear it again. It haunts me in my sleep Darren! To know I could have saved her but didn't! I live with that everyday and you keep reminding me of it. I've tried to move on Darren. But you always reminded me of her! The way you would laugh at the smallest things, call for me in the same sing songy voice she did, look at me with those eyes!" He grabbed his hair before sitting down in front of me, But I didn't move to go near him. I kept my distance and let him rant. "I'm sorry for what ever happened to you Darren, I am" He started to calm down, his breathing started to become even as his eyes changed back to there normal, almost black colour.

"But I didn't want them to get you too. It was safer. For both of us. I couldn't watch you all the time like she did. If she could just die like that. You could too and I couldn't let you." His eyes began to glossed over, but the tears didn't spill. "I was going to get you back sooner. But then Samantha died, and I got scared again. You could have been hunting with them. I saw the way Rodrick changed. How angry he became.. I couldn't take my anger over her death out on you like Rodrick did on the boys. I have many regret Darren. But sending you away, it was not one of them."

Jeremy settled himself on the near by wall, closing his eyes and resting his head against it. I would almost think he was asleep if it wasn't for his twitching hands that kept balling into fists.

Jeremy and I sat on the floor for a good hour before he finally got up and excused himself form the room. After that I crawled into bed, pulling the covers up to my chin and I lay sideways.

But I didn't fall asleep that night. Because that damn feeling wouldn't go away this time.

A/N: A bit of a filler chapter but it's still really important! Poor Symon and Jeremy my baby's had a hard life.
Thank you all for reading! I honestly can't get over how well the book is going! You're all amazing! Don't forget to vote and comment if you liked it. ♡♡

-Robyn♡