Chapter 19

Chapter 19

I was good at waking up alone. I don't really know why I was so good at it, but I was. I woke up in the morning, and saw myself back in Richard's bed, all twisted up in the sheets, and arms out stretched for Richard, who wasn't there this time. I had slept most of the night, and I actually felt rested for once, and it was nice.

Richard held me most of the night, with all my twists and turns, and sleep talking. I wondered what he learned about me in my dreams. 

I sat up in the bed, seeing from the window that it was the morning, and seeing my clothes sitting on his dress, dried and waiting for me to wake up. Everything and everyone that I actually cared about seemed to be waiting for me to wake up, but I wasn't quite awake yet. It was too scary to be awake in my life, right now anyway. 

I got up from his bed, wiping my eyes and went over to his door. I was about to shut and lock it so I could change into my own clothes without the fear of being intruded upon when I heard a conversation going on outside of the door. The only real reason this attracted my interest is because it was Richard and his mother, and they spoke my name. 

"She spent the night," Richard, by the way he said 'she' is all I would need to know for it to be Richard.

"I didn't see her," His mother. I wasn't quite sure if she was mad about me being here, or just wanting information. 

"She ah, she slept in me bed, I had the floor," I would lie too, but at least, not to him.

"Oh," She paused, "Richard . . . ."

"What? Nothing happened, you know this, you like her too!" He raised his voice, and quickly quieted it. 

"She seems nice, but she is supposed to be teaching you," There was a sigh.

"Mum, don't worry, I've learned a lot. I'm not even the bit distracted," He was a good liar too.

"Alright, alright. I trust you Richie," I could hear their smiles and I drifted from the door, locking it first. I quickly pulled the shades down, turned on a light, and pulled his shirt off, his tank top, his pants and boxers. I stood in his bedroom naked, which was worse than being in his bathroom naked. I felt slightly awkward. 

I feared that he could see me somehow and though I was this ugly monster. He would think I was such a terrible female, I wasn't sure what he would think. For a minute it matter what he thought, if he thought I was at all good looking, or anything. My genius didn't matter, my books didn't, nothing mattered, I just wanted to know if I was pretty. 

The moment I came back to my sense I realized that was so illogical that I quickly shoved it off my shoulder. That was completely insane, right? I was the shadow of the waxwing slain By the false azure in the windowpane.

I pulled on my clothes, quickly, as I decided quickly that it was time to go home. It was time to go back to my home where I could sit and think about what had just happened to me. I didn't realize what I had done until this morning and now I realize how horrible of a decision I have made, and how scared I really was. 

He knocked on the door, "Dewey? You wake?"

"Yeah," I came over to the door, stopping to grab my glasses and shove them on my face. I opened the door to him, wearing dirty jeans and having his hair in the quiff. I thought it looked hilarious, though I didn't think it mattered. He was just trying to fit in too. 

"Good morning," He handed me my smile that made me happier every day. But he wouldn't be smiling for long. It crushed me to have to do this to him, but it was the only choice I had. I couldn't do this, I couldn't just be with him.