Chapter 13

Chapter 13

It is like Christmas again. Not one like I have had in more recent years, but as when I was a small child, and I don't remember anything else but those fun little memories.

You would run down the stairs and see this big present sitting under the tree. Everything would seem very nice. There would be a nice smell in the air, with cookies sitting out for you to devour. That one present would be for you, the one you really wanted, and all of your family would be sitting around and waiting with a smile.

Whatever it was, made you the happiest kid in the whole world. You never forgot that feeling, and always hoped to have another Christmas like that.

Yes, this happened to me.

I was annoyed to death about the fact I had to wait. The last hour, I kept on peering out the window, thinking maybe I would see him walk by on his way to my home. He wouldn't be but I just wanted to see if he was. Some people believed I was going insane, which I am, and would whisper about it among themselves.

I just need to get home, to do what? I didn't know, maybe just to wait.

The bell finally rang, and I rushed as best as good outside of the building. The unending pain of waiting forever was too much, but finally it could be banished to someone else. I thought for a second I heard Paul or Lola yelling after me to stop and tell them what is going on. Yet, I didn't care at all.

I shoved through my front door, knowing he wouldn't be home yet but not really caring because he would be very soon. It seemed so far away but yet, at the same time, it felt so close to me too. He felt so close to me.

I shoved against the door of my room, pushing inside and kicking the door shut behind me with a slam sound radiating throughout the house. I kicked my boots off of my feet and sat on my bed, rushing my hands through my dirt colored hair.

There was so much I would want to say, and I realized I would have to actually teach him something that night, as his tutor. I haven't even thought of that, being occupied with the thought of seeing the one person I wanted to see again.

I scrambled to throw something together, pulling some books from the shelf and grabbing supplies I could think off. I felt like a mess, which I hated feeling as well. I hated all the feelings I get from him, I guess I hate him too.

There was a knock at the door, it felt kind of earlier for him to be here, but I didn't care really. He was here, that is all that matters. Right? I hoped, but at the same time, I didn't want him to be all that matters because it didn't. It would end badly, always.

I rushed from my room, towards the stairs and glared down them, at the open front door.

"Dewey! That boy of yours is here," Marshall shouted from looking at Richard, without looking around to see me at the top of the stairs. Richard looked down at his shoes for a while, and then back up at my brother. He tried to smile, but it wasn't the same smile as I have seen. He wasn't the least bit interested in my brother.

Richard looked up from my brother, right at me, at my eyes. I think he let out a breath and smiled slightly at me, as he does. I shoved around the corner, backing myself up quickly to lean against the wall beside the steps. Ending is better than mending. The more stitches, the less riches.

I found it in me to wish he would leave. I knew it would all end badly, as everything does, but he was here and he wasn't going to go anywhere.

There came footsteps, quick paced and rather heavy. My breathing increased as I shut my eyes. I hated ever feeling I would get from this. So I got angry from the hatred, as usual. I couldn't be happy, because it only led to sadness. I hate emotion.