Chapter 16

I am so sorry for taking a month to write this chapter! I feel so bad, but I tried to write a good one, but failed because I don't really like this chaper. It doesn't matter because I'm trying to get to the good stuff. I think it is shorter than the last few, but hopefully the next chapters will be longer, I just need to do some planning for the future. School is almost over and then I will be able to post once or twice a week, or that is the plan anyway. 

Alright, enough of me, enjoy the chapter!

Chapter 16

I had school to deal with along with everything else. It seemed so far away now, since my mind was lost in emotion. It didn't matter to anyone else, at least most people, because I kept it all in my mind, away from anyone outside and anyway from the only person I would be willing to tell.

I don't know how I got up on that Monday morning, somehow I did. I got myself out of bed and into some clean clothes. The bath water was cold today, so I didn't spend to long in it, just washed me up enough so I wouldn't stink and my hair wouldn't be too gross.

It was good enough for now. I guess I didn't have to impress anyone anymore anyway. Marshall didn't speak to me as I passed him, he was tired too. My mother wasn't very nice to him after I stormed off, and she had turn more plastic, which was an alarming sight.

"Good morning Danielle," I yawned and dragged a hand through my drying hair, avoiding her graze. When I got home the day before, my mother pretended not to notice and I went right for my room. She hadn't said a word to me until that moment, which was not surprising.

"Morning mother," The thing that caught my eye was the lack of breakfast. This was out of the ordinary, which was another warning sign.

The difficulty lay, not in the deed itself, but in the consequences which followed upon not thinking or not knowing. *ITALICS*

She sat down and began to eat, while Marshall looked at me, smirked a little bit, which was how I knew him, and eat along with my mother. I thought about breakfast for a moment, but then shoved it off and went for my boots.

I felt like I had done this so many times, but something was going to be off from now on. To anyone else, something had gone off a lot time ago. The only thing I could do was apologize and swear to never see him again, but both of those things were impossible tasks.

I tied my boots, grabbed my bag, and walked out of the front door, fixing my glasses on my face. Lola skipped by, not even looking over at me, forgetting I was her neighbor, or not remembering to stop and wave. There was no reason, she was probably thinking about Paul, or maybe George.

The air was strangely heavy, and the sky was a darker grey. It was going to rain again, and be annoyingly painful. I walked the path I walked everyday towards the school house past houses of people I don't care about.

There weren't many I care about, my books were the one of two things, and the second one is known by the world.

The school yard was like any other day, and it was supposed to be like any other day for anyone else. I got it in my head somewhere on the sidewalk that I was going to pretend it was a normal day, if only I had an idea of what that meant.

I realized for a second that I didn't know any of these people. They were all the same English face and English voice talking about the same things. Everyone was smoking and drinking the same thing, and kissing in the same place. I didn't understand, so I never bothered to pretend to enjoy any of their company.

But my mind was too busy to worry about them, about what they thought of me, or about what almost anyone else thought. The energy I had was going to be spent on what I needed to do, whatever that was, and what I needed to feel and say.