XIV - "It's a trap!" "No duh!!"

Start from the beginning

No, it couldn't be...

Gaara weaved out of the crowd and stood in front of me. I stood up, staring at him.

"It really is you!!" I cried, grabbing him in a tight hug, then kissing him frantically.

"I thought- you were- dead!" I said in between kisses, ignoring the glares I was recieving from Gaara's fans. Gaara blushed lightly, and I wrapped an arm around his waist and put his around my neck to help support him. Then Naruto appeared out of nowhere and took the other arm. I smiled at him, squeezing Gaara's hand.

"But how?!" I asked, not caring if this was another dream. Though I was pretty sure it wasn't, as I hurt all over, and I pinched myself earlier. It hurt. A lot.

Naruto explained, and I felt a slight twinge of sadness, mixed with gratitude, at hearng how Chiyo-baa-sama gave up her life to save Gaara. And, selfish it may be, I couldn't deny that I was glad she'd done it.

Me and Naruto supported Gaara all the way back to Sunagakure, and I felt a rush of pride as all the villagers rushed out to greet him. This man... this man was mine.

It had been over three years, and I still couldn't believe it.

I did feel unwillingly sad about one thing, though... Sasori was dead.

Despite all the lies, I couldn't shake off the grief.

* * *

"Uh, nee-chan?" Naruto tapped me on the shoulder, and I turned my head to face him, still holding onto Gaara tightly.

"Yes, Nii-chan?" I smiled; I was eternally grateful to him and his team for helping save Gaara.

"Um, could I talk to you over there for a sec?" I raised an eyebrow, but smiled assuringly at Gaara and then followed Naruto.

"What is it, Naruto?" I asked, slightly impatiently; I wanted to get back to Gaara.

"Well, I... I'm not sure if anyone's covered this with you, so..."

Oh dear god. Please NO!!

"When a man and a woman are-"

"Naruto, no!! One, you are NOT trying to have 'the talk' with me, two, you know even less about this that I do, and three, I'M STILL A VIRGIN!!!"

Okay, probably shouldn't of shouted that last part.

I loooked around the now silent room. Everyone was staring at us, including Gaara, who had been talking to- or rather was being talked to- by Lee at the time, and had now gone an adorable shade of red.

Myself and Naruto, we both blushed red like tomatoes, and I hit him over the head.

"See what you made me say?!?!" I yelled, then hurried back to Gaara's side, and hid my still red face against his chest.

"Did you really have to broadcast that?" Gaara muttered, the blush fading on his cheeks.

"Sorry!" I wailed, muffled against his shirt, "It was an accident!"

I heard him sigh, then felt his arm wrap around my waist.

"What am I going to do with you?" he sighed again, and I looked up at him.

"You could kiss me." I suggested, pressing myself closer to him, and he smiled slightly, then did so, much to the crowd's pleasure. We got pretty caught up in the moment, and I felt Gaara's tongue run over my bottom lip, and accommodated his request, wrapping my arms around his neck.

We broke apart to the sound of throats being cleared.

Naruto and Temari stood with their arms folded, and I blushed, finally noticing the watching crowd of our friends. Damn...