Chapter VIII - First kiss

Chapterrr eight!!!

Disclaimer: Unfortunately, I am not awesome enough to own Naruto. If I did, Sasuke's hair would be purple, SasuSaku would be banned, Gaara would love a character named Sora (;D) and Orochimaru would not be such a child molester. Cuz he is seriously adorable as a kid!!

Surprise!!

If you want to announce the next disclaimer, put your name, and fav character in the comments! Kthxbai!!

Sora-chan x

"Grruhh..." once again, I was greeted in the morning with a pounding headache. And feeling uncomfortably hot.

"You're awake." a cool, easily recognised voice said, and I jolted up in the hospital bed, blushing madly. Apparently I had fractured a rib or two and sprained my ankle yesterday, either when that Hoki guy kicked me into a wall, or when that cage thing exploded. Huh. I never noticed it.

I noticed it now.

I looked over, seeing Gaara sat up with his legs folded in the bed beside mine, teal eyes observant, and... worried?

"Yup." I replied, looking away to hide my blush as his expression brought back that dream...

Seriously. WTF with that, anyway?!

"What's the matter?" he asked, and I shakily slid off the bed, glad that no one put me in one of those darn hospital robes again. I saw my arm warmers and overshirt on the dresser. I thought I left those at the training grounds? I hissed slightly as my ribs ached, and my ankle protested painfully as I stood.

I was shocked when sand gently but firmly made me sit back down on the bed. I moved, and saw Gaara frowning at me.

"You are supposed to rest." he said, and I sighed, but smiled.

"How come it's always me that comes out of these things damaged?" I asked rhetorically, and Gaara smirked slightly. It looked cute on hi- no, stop right there.

"Maybe because you aren't as careful as the rest of us?" he said, and I scowled.

"Says you! You're the one that had almost no chakra, but still rushed in anyway!" I retorted, and Gaara raised an eyebrow.

"Yes. To save you, because you got kidnapped." his smirk stayed in place, and there was tint of victory in his eyes.

"I think Naruto's rubbing off on you." I muttered, scowling playfully. "So reckless."

He chuckled quietly, and my eyes widened slightly at the sound, before a happy feeling welled in my chest. This Gaara was so much different to the one I met so many months ago.

"Nee-chan!! You're awake!" Naruto bounded into the room, going to grasp me in a hug, which scared me slightly, but sand stopped him. Naruto looked up and scowled at Gaara.

"Carefully, Naruto. Remember she's got four fractured ribs." Gaara said, his face emotionless once more.

Hang on, four? I thought it was two?!

"Oh, right. Sorry, nee-chan." Naruto said. I mouthed a thanks to Gaara, before carefully twisting to face Naruto.

"That's all right. Hey, are the other's of the Konoha eleven here still?" I remembered seeing them during the fight with Seimei.

"Well, most of them have gone back to Konoha now, just bushy brow and Shikamaru. They took the most damage in their fights. And then Neji was made to stay by Bushier-brow-sensei to keep an eye on bushy-brow when we all go back." the mention of going back to Konoha made me happy, but a little sad too.

"So... what was going on before I came in?" Naruto looked at Gaara suspiciously, who in turn just ignored it.

"I was talking to Gaara. If you must know." I rose an eyebrow at his nosy-ness.

Seriously. He needs to stop the protective sh**.

It's getting annoying.

* * *

Another week, and it was goodbye again. My ribs still gave a dull ache, and still had to be bandaged, and it was annoying, but couldn't be helped. Apparently Sakura healed all she could while she was here, but this was the best it was gonna get.

I once again stood in front of Gaara, situation reversed this time; instead it was me leaving. Naruto and Lee were engrossed in a conversation with Kankuro, and Neji was just waiting to leave. Matsuri stood a little way off, watching Gaara and me possessively.

Damn, that chick REALLY gets on my nerves.

Looking into Gaara's seafoam eyes, I bit back tears. I really didn't want to leave.

Instead, I smiled and rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly, de ja vu hitting me.

"Gaara... I still-" I was cut off by a pair of lips being crushed against my own. I filled up with a warm feeling, and my face heated up as Gaara kissed me, my arms wrapping around his neck and his around my waist.

"I know." he said, a slight smile on his lips. "You suck at goodbyes."

I smiled, touching my lips, then rested my head on his neck, sighing contentedly.

"I wish I could stay with you..." I mumbled, the sadness returning.

"Why can't you?" my head snapped up, eyes wide, shock turning back to sadness yet confirmation now that I had the option.

"As much as I want to... Naruto needs me. The Leaf village needs me. We're still recovering from the invasion attempt." I said, and he nodded.

"I understand."

"I'll come visit as much as I can, Gaara." I said with a gentle smile as he rested his forehead against mine. "I'll pop up when you least expect it."

A hand wrapped around my wrist, and suddenly I was being dragged away by Naruto. I glared at him.

"You were taking forever!" he said, irritably. I escaped from his grasp, and ran back to a now walking away Gaara, jumping on his back and making him almost fall over. He jumped, and turned his head, to be rewarded with a quick kiss on the lips, before I was hoisted over Naruto's shoulder. Gaara blinked at me, blushing slightly as Naruto carried me away.

"Don't miss me too much!" I called, giggling as Gaara's face reddened, and Kankuro just gawped confusedly.

"You're so annoying, believe it." Naruto muttered, still carrying me over his shoulder.

"Love you too, Naru-nii-chan!" I sang in reply. Neji smirked slightly, and Lee grinned. Shikamaru just yawned.

~32 and a half (because I'm just that cool) minutes later~

"Naruto, you can put me down now." I was getting head rush from hanging upside down for so long.

"Yes, I do not believe Kaien-chan will run over again!" Lee chirped. I smiled at him, despite the undignified way Naruto was carrying me. Naruto sighed and put me down, only to recieve a punch on the arm.

"Ow! What was that for?!" his newly crippled arm waved pathetically, and everyone laughed.

"For being an ass." I chirped happily, making me seem bipolar.

"You were the one sucking face with Gaara when we were waiting to leave!" he snapped. My face grew hot, then I snickered.

"You're just jealous that Gaara-kun can get a girl, and you can't." I teased. "Or could it be that you aren't interested in girls?"

The others snickered, and Shikamaru said something completely out of character.

"Ooh, burn."

That did it.

I squealed and laughed as an embarassed Naruto chased me.

Ah, this journey was going to be fun.

Well, there you have it! Chapter eight, awwlll done!!

Remember, if you like this story, vote, comment, fan, whatever! Just please, tell me what you think!

Chap nine coming soon!